Q. I get recurrent red dots on my penis. Kindly suggest a permanent solution.

I have some red dots around my penis. I have already consulted a doctor for that before two years. Doctor prescribed me Clobeatsol and Propionate cream. It got cured, but again now I am getting the same problem. Kindly give me a permanent solution as these dots are increasing.

#

Your description seems previously you were affected with a yeast infection, which leads to red dots over the glans penis known as balanitis. Predisposing factors include poor hygiene and overwashing, over-the-counter medications, and nonretraction of the foreskin. It may also be associated with diabetes, candidal fungal infections, etc.

Investigations:- Blood sugar, KOH mount for candidiasis.

After two years, you again have similar complaints. So this time, in place of Clobetasole, I will suggest you do gentle retraction of the foreskin daily and soak in warm water to clean the penis and foreskin.

You can use a combination of Clotrimazole and Hydrocortisone twice daily for one month. If balanitis does not respond to topical therapy, then you can take Ketoconazole 200 mg twice daily for two weeks after consulting your GP or near by dermatologist. Please treat your partner for any white discharge per vaginal, which may be the source of infection.

I am unmarried. What are the reasons for my problem? Presently I am using Clobetasole or Clotrimazole and Hydrocortisone.

#

It is not necessary to go through the sexual route only. Other predisposing factors include poor hygiene and overwashing, over-the-counter medications, and non-retraction of the foreskin.

Get checked your blood sugar levels. Now you can use a combination of Clotrimazole and Hydrocortisone twice daily for one month. If balanitis does not respond to topical therapy, then you can take Ketoconazole 200 mg twice daily for two weeks after consulting your GP or nearby dermatologist.

|