Q. I am having redness on penis and urge to urinate. What is the treatment?

Dr. Raveendran Sr

I am a 29-year-old male. I am having redness on the penis head and urge to urinate for the past four months. I had a habit of masturbation, but now I have stopped it. Can it be due to any structural defect in the penis due to masturbation? I took five days course of antibiotics and T-bact ointment, but there is no use. I have done urine culture, KUB test, UFM test and blood sugar test. All results are normal. Please help.

Dr. Raveendran Sr

Andrology Diabetology Sexology
#

Redness in the penis can be due to local infection. Did you have any unprotected sex? If not, we can think of fungal infection. Share a picture for confirmation.

Local application of Lobate-GM Neo (Clobetasole propionate, Neomycin sulfate, and Miconazole nitrate) ointment can help you.

You did a complete urine test. You need to do urine culture tests for finding an organism.

If you had any spine issue (injury or pain) need to do a CT (computed tomography) spine to check whether it is related to the spine.

Urge for urination can be controlled by taking tablet Urikind (Flavoxate) as a temporary relief.

| 

I had unprotected intercourse six months back, and this problem started after four months. It is like frequent urination and an urge to urinate around the shaft of the penis.

I do not have any spine-related issues. I have attached the picture of the penis head. Please help.

Dr. Raveendran Sr

Andrology Diabetology Sexology
#

Apply Lobate-GM ointment for two days and look for the difference in two days to check whether it is a simple issue. If not, check for STD (sexually transmitted disease) panel test.

|