Q. I have some red and itchy rashes on the upper part of the penis and foreskin. Please advice.

Dr. Ganesh Prasath

Dear doctor,

I am age 38, non diabetic and not having any other problems or treatment. Few weeks back, I observed some rashes on my upper part of penis, bloody in color and two small swellings with red colour in foreskin. Itching is there. Now a small burning sensation is there when passing urine. But no blood or fuzz with urine. Some droplets remain even after urination sometimes. Days before, I used to wash the foreskin and penis with soap due to much sweating in hot sunny days. Dont know may be the reason I am not circumcised, nor undergone any treatments regarding this before.. Please advice

#

Could you upload a photo of the rash..

• Do you have similar rash in any other part of body???
  • Was there any recent history of sexual exposure??
  • Do you still continue to wash it with soap??

Do get back to me with photo and above details. Ready to help you out..

| 
1. no similar rash in any other part of body.
2. sexual relation only with wife. we had it few weeks before.
3. now stopped washing with soap. only with water.
4. please find attached photos
#

Please avoid using Soap or any other agent to wash genitals for the next 2 weeks.. Just wash with plain water. Avoid using condom or having sex for Next 2 weeks.. Follow the prescription given below..

Mupimet oinment topically over the lesion morning after bath for 1 week... Betadine oinment topically over rash in penis before going to bed for one week... Lulifin ointment topical over the lesion in second week morning only .. No need for night time oinment during second week.. Review with a photo after 2 weeks.. Take care...

Urine routine, urine culture and sensitivity

Contact dermatitis

Balanitis

Topical antibiotics and antifungals

Two weeks

|