Q. I have some red and itchy rashes on the upper part of the penis and foreskin. Please advice.

Dr. Ganesh Prasath
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 17, 2020 and last reviewed on: May 03, 2021

I am 38 years old. I am non-diabetic and I do not have any other problems. Before few weeks, I got some rashes on the upper part of my penis. I have two small swellings with red color in my foreskin. I have itching along with it. Now, I have a burning sensation while passing urine. But I do not have blood or pus with urine. Sometimes, my droplets remain even after urination. Before few days, I use to wash my foreskin and penis with soap due to heavy sweating on sunny days. I am not circumscribed and I have not undergone any treatment regarding this problem. Kindly advise.

#

Kindly attach a photo of the rash. Please mention whether you have a similar rash on any other part of the body. Please mention whether you have any recent history of sexual exposure. Please mention whether you still continue using soap for washing your foreskin.

I do not have any similar rashes on the other parts of the body. I had a sexual relation with my wife before few weeks. Now, I have stopped washing my foreskin with soap. I am using water alone. Kindly go through the attached photos.

#

Avoid using soap or any other agent for washing your genitals for the next two weeks. Just wash it with plain water. Avoid using condoms or having sex for the next two weeks. Use Mupimet ointment (Mupirocin) topically over the lesion after bathing for a week. You can use Betadine ointment topically over the rash on the penis before going to bed for a week. Use Lulifin ointment (Luliconazole) topically over the lesion in the second week. Have a review with a photo after two weeks.

You need to do a urine routine test and urine culture and sensitivity test.

You seem to have contact dermatitis.

You seem to have topical antibiotics and antifungals.

Have a follow-up after two weeks.

|