Q. I was diagnosed with an ulcer, and I have chest pain. What is happening to me?

Dr. Mian Shah Yousaf
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 24, 2020 and last reviewed on: Apr 01, 2021

I was diagnosed with hepatitis B positive 18 months ago. My consultant told me that my condition is inactive and need no medication. Some months back, I was feeling hurt in my chest. I was later diagnosed with an ulcer. For some weeks now, I have been having pain around my chest, especially in the middle of my chest. Please tell me what is happening to me?

#

You have been diagnosed with inactive hepatitis B. For that, I will request you to send me all your laboratory work so that a decision about the treatment can be taken. You are now having central chest pain, which looks like to due to an esophageal ulcer called esophagitis, and you may also be having some retrosternal burning with it. For this, I am prescribing some medications it will help you out in this pain. You need to take capsule Esomeprazole 40 mg one before breakfast and syrup Sucralfate 10ml TID. Both of these should be taken for two weeks, and let me know if you have no improvement.

EGD (esophagogastroduodenoscopy) if no improvement with medications.

Esophagitis.
Chronic HBV.

Esophagitis.

Capsule Esomeprazole 40 mg 1 before breakfast.
Syrup Sucralfate 10 ml TID before meals.

Avoid spicy foods.

Needs follow-up for HBV.

|