Q. I have a small pimple in the anal area, which itches sometimes. Is it piles?

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

I have a small pimple or swelling in anal area where stools are passing from last one week which is not painful and there is no problem with bowel movement. Its having an itching sometimes.. it is piles or any related disease. It just had a small itching sensation and had small pain while washing after bowel movement and no pain while passing stool.

This is an Ad. icliniq or icliniq doctors do not endorse the content in the ad.

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Medical Gastroenterology
#

Hello Dear. I welcome you to icliniq.

This seem to be a perianal boil. The boil is a pus containing hair follicle. Hair are the stalk and follicles are the trunk of the hair. The follicle can get infected and cause enlarged painful swelling called as boil. It is not communicating to your bowel thats why you dont have problem with your bowel. The best thing you can do is to keep this bottom are clean and hygienic. Wash it thoroughly with each bath and remove hairs timely..

You can apply fusidic cream three times daily over it. It shall heal in few days of application of this cream.

I hope you will be fine. Good day.

perianal boil/folliculitis

none

fusidin cream for local application

follow up if symptom persist

| 

I have itchy scalp. Is it folliculitis?

Query: Hello doctor, I hope you will read it thoroughly and answer every query. I am a 30 years old male. It all started with itchy scalp ten months back this summer. But, I was not concerned much, since it was just itchy and some bumps like mosquito bites (not more than two to three) and some swelling as...  Read Full »

How can I get rid of folliculitis permanently?

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering form folliculitis for about 1 month. I regularly visit my doctor and take all medicines on time. The problem is folliculitis present on my legs and hands. Every week they are gone and then come again then my doctor ask me to do test of blood test and IgE test my blood t...  Read Full »

I have some kind of skin infection. Please let me know further action from the image.

Query: Hi doctor, I have some skin infection for quite some time now. I have tired a few medicines for the same and I got a laser treatment once. Can you tell me what the issue is based on the images and also the possible treatment that I should undergo?  Read Full »