Perimetry Test

What makes the vision lose color and brightness?

Query: Hi doctor, A couple of weeks back, I had this episode where the muscles around my eyes tensed up, and I felt a lot of pain and pressure around my eyebrows and nose. I had pain around the outer corner of my eyes, and it felt like a nerve being stretched. My vision dimmed a lot but recovered a little...  Read Full »

Dr. Arnab Pal

Answer: Hi, Welcome back to icliniq.com. Your long query does indicate you are quite disturbed about it. Pressure around the neck, head, and eyes are often related to anxiety. So I would suggest you sleep well and even take medication if it helps you sleep peacefully. Still, I would recommend you get ...  Read Full »

Is bilateral papilledema a serious one?

Query: Hi doctor, My wife was recently seen by an ophthalmologist for loss of peripheral vision in one eye and a feeling of something wrong with her eye, as though it were closed. Ophthalmologist diagnosed it as bilateral papilledema and referred to neurologist for immediate follow up. The ophthalmologist ...  Read Full »

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com.¬†Please do not get panic. Papilledema is swelling of optic nerve head due to increase in intracranial pressure. This pressure may be high due to some tumor or blockage of sinuses or idiopathic (without cause). The investigations required are: Perimetry should be done by o...  Read Full »