Periods

Before and after getting periods, my resting heart rate fluctuates. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor,My resting heart rate seems to be high for a year. It happens before getting periods. I have my periods now and I still have bleeding on the fourth day with a bit of cramp lasting for five days. Is it normal? I feel a bit weak and get tired after getting period. I seem to be little anemic ...  Read Full »

Dr. Lorena Zijaj

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The normal duration of a period is five to seven days and so you do not need to worry about it. The patterns of menstruation can change during years. For anemia, you need to do a hemogram to evaluate the accuracy of hemoglobin. I have gone through the attached report (a...  Read Full »

My stomach pain becomes worse after getting periods. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I am an 18-year-old girl having duodenitis, stomach edema, mild gastritis, and colitis. I started to have recurrent stomach pain from 11 years of age. I did colonoscopy and endoscopy. The doctor told that my report seems to be special and he had never seen anything like this. He told me ...  Read Full »

Dr. Sugreev Singh

Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. You have inflammation in the stomach and the other parts of the abdomen seem to be fine. But you have cramps after you get periods or after masturbation. You can have a pelvic inflammatory disease as you are getting heavy menstrual bleeding. S...  Read Full »

How long should I continue Regesterone after D and C procedure?

Query: Hello doctor, I got a D and C done a month back for the endometrial polyp. The doctor told me there is uterus infection and prescribed antibiotics. After the course of antibiotics, the other doctor prescribed Regesterone10 mg for 20 days. I still have eight tablets to go, and I got my periods yeste...  Read Full »

Dr. Sugreev Singh

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have checked your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity), and it is suggestive of infection only, but it is chronic. It means it is there for a few weeks or months. There is no other abnormal growth. So nothing to worry about. If you were ta...  Read Full »

Is it normal to have periods twice a month?

Query: Hello ,, I m 28years old .. My periods last month started on the 24th and ended on 27th. The month before that, I had periods twice. But this month, it's already 28th, and I did not get my periods... my cycles are not 21 days or 28 days m not sure as I never took stress of counting my cycle days .....  Read Full »

Dr. Prajna Shetty

Answer: Hi , Coming to your query 1. If u r married or sexually active - please do urine pregnancy test any time if there is change in frequency of ur cycle 2. If not - no need to worry- there are hundreds of causes which disturbs cycle frequency but we will rule out which harms ur health Causes- 1. Recent...  Read Full »

Why is my mother having periods after menopause?

Query: Hello doctor, My mother had a fibroid in the uterus and now she had her periods after menopause.  Read Full »

Dr. Uzma Arqam

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Near or after menopause heavy bleeding needs investigations. The average age of menopause is 51 years in your country. It would be better if you send me her complete gynecological, obstetrics, medical, and drug history. It should be investigated either she had complete ...  Read Full »

What causes prolonged periods?

Query: Female, 5’8”, 23 years old. About 190-20lbs. My period has been going on for 15 days including today and still has not stopped. My breasts are still sore even while bleeding which is not normal for me. My periods are generally regular.  Read Full »

Dr. Monika Meena

Answer: Hi, Welcome here. Did you happen to miss your periods in the previous 1-2 months? may be just a few days overdue? as you say you have regular periods so far. How heavy is your bleeding? Have you had unprotected sexual contact prior to this period? are there any chances of you getting pregnant? Th...  Read Full »

How long does it take for periods to come after withdrawal bleeding?

Query: Hello doctor, I and my friend involved in physical intimacy a few days back and there was no ejeculation and penetration was only for 2 minutes. After that considering precum she took Unwanted 72 within 3 hours. She had bleeding after six days. She has regular cycle of 28 to 30 days and her last pe...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As she had a withdrawal bleed post Unwanted 72 intake and also the urine pregnancy test has been negative till date, so pregnancy is ruled out. However, the conclusive test for ruling out pregnancy remains serum beta hCG test which is a blood test. if hCG levels are ...  Read Full »

Why am I having blood in urine before getting my periods?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 22 years old. I have been observing that since last 3-4 period cycles, I have been having blood in urine. Just an hour before periods then it is normal once I get my period and the urine is again clear. Recently, I got my period and an hour back I urinated with little blood but t...  Read Full »

Dr. Aman Gupta

Urologist, Andrologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Endometriosis is not so common. Although you have a pattern of bleeding which goes in favor of bladder endometriosis. First thing which needs to be ruled out is a stone disease. Get an NCCT KUB done which will confirm or rule out stone disease. If it is not there th...  Read Full »

Why am I having white vaginal discharge?

Query: Hello doctor, I am witnessing a discharge of white substance. It discharges during pee and also normally it is happening from the last two days. Please tell me what is the problem and solution for it.  Read Full »

Dr. Jimesh H Mavani

General Practitioner, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Females normally have some white discharge during the cycle. If you do not have burning sensation, pain or itching. And the discharge is not foul smelling, then no need to do anything. It is normal. If it is abnormal, then you will have to take medicines accordingly. Fo...  Read Full »

I am experiencing lower back pain, and it hurts whenever I stand up. Could it be due to my periods?

Query: Hello doctor,I am experiencing lower back pain, and it hurts whenever I stand up. I am also suffering from abdominal pain. I do not know if my period is the one that caused it.   Read Full »

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sometimes these symptoms can be due to periods in young females, so your gynecologist should be able to give you an insight into this. As far as lower back pain is concerned, if it has been present for a long time even in the absence of your periods time, then it cou...  Read Full »