Periods

What causes prolonged periods?

Query: Female, 5’8”, 23 years old. About 190-20lbs. My period has been going on for 15 days including today and still has not stopped. My breasts are still sore even while bleeding which is not normal for me. My periods are generally regular.  Read Full »

Dr. Monika Meena

Answer: Hi, Welcome here. Did you happen to miss your periods in the previous 1-2 months? may be just a few days overdue? as you say you have regular periods so far. How heavy is your bleeding? Have you had unprotected sexual contact prior to this period? are there any chances of you getting pregnant? Th...  Read Full »

How long does it take for periods to come after withdrawal bleeding?

Query: Hello doctor, I and my friend involved in physical intimacy a few days back and there was no ejeculation and penetration was only for 2 minutes. After that considering precum she took Unwanted 72 within 3 hours. She had bleeding after six days. She has regular cycle of 28 to 30 days and her last pe...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As she had a withdrawal bleed post Unwanted 72 intake and also the urine pregnancy test has been negative till date, so pregnancy is ruled out. However, the conclusive test for ruling out pregnancy remains serum beta hCG test which is a blood test. if hCG levels are ...  Read Full »

Why am I having blood in urine before getting my periods?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 22 years old. I have been observing that since last 3-4 period cycles, I have been having blood in urine. Just an hour before periods then it is normal once I get my period and the urine is again clear. Recently, I got my period and an hour back I urinated with little blood but t...  Read Full »

Dr. Aman Gupta

Urologist, Andrologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Endometriosis is not so common. Although you have a pattern of bleeding which goes in favor of bladder endometriosis. First thing which needs to be ruled out is a stone disease. Get an NCCT KUB done which will confirm or rule out stone disease. If it is not there th...  Read Full »

Why am I having white vaginal discharge?

Query: Hello doctor, I am witnessing a discharge of white substance. It discharges during pee and also normally it is happening from the last two days. Please tell me what is the problem and solution for it.  Read Full »

Dr. Jimesh H Mavani

General Practitioner, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Females normally have some white discharge during the cycle. If you do not have burning sensation, pain or itching. And the discharge is not foul smelling, then no need to do anything. It is normal. If it is abnormal, then you will have to take medicines accordingly. Fo...  Read Full »

I am experiencing lower back pain, and it hurts whenever I stand up. Could it be due to my periods?

Query: Hello doctor,I am experiencing lower back pain, and it hurts whenever I stand up. I am also suffering from abdominal pain. I do not know if my period is the one that caused it.   Read Full »

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sometimes these symptoms can be due to periods in young females, so your gynecologist should be able to give you an insight into this. As far as lower back pain is concerned, if it has been present for a long time even in the absence of your periods time, then it cou...  Read Full »

What are the signs of abnormal period?

Query: Hello doctor, How to tell if your period is normal? What are the signs that your period may not be normal like what are the hallmarks of a regular period and what does it mean if you have a short or long cycle, heavy or light flow, PMS or cramps, spotting, etc.  Read Full »

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. A normal menstrual cycle is with a cycle length of 21 to 40 days and lasting for 3 to 4 days to a week. Any deviation from this could be because of hormonal changes, low blood count or thyroid disorder. Passage of clots, changing more than 5 to 6 pads per day, severe dy...  Read Full »

Why is my mother having periods after menopause?

Query: Hello doctor, My mother had a fibroid in the uterus and now she had her periods after menopause.  Read Full »

Dr. Uzma Arqam

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Near or after menopause heavy bleeding needs investigations. The average age of menopause is 51 years in your country. It would be better if you send me her complete gynecological, obstetrics, medical, and drug history. It should be investigated either she had complete ...  Read Full »

I am unsure that whether my period is normal or is it a side effect of I-pill. Please advice.

Query: Hello doctor, Last month I had I-pill (within 48hours of intercourse) after 18 days of onset of my periods. I did not have any side effects like withdrawal bleeding, nausea, etc., after taking the I-pill. I got my periods on the 1st of this month. I am unsure if this is my normal period or bleeding...  Read Full »

Infertility Specialist, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Let me start by assuring you that you are not pregnant and need not worry. If you have had your periods 18 days before taking I-pill, your ovulation would have been around 13 to 15 days after that. Life of egg is only one day. So there is no chance of an egg being al...  Read Full »

I experienced spotting and I did not get my periods on date. May I consider the spotting as my periods?

Query: Hello doctor, I experienced spotting in the last week for three days. It was a small amount of spotting discharge, which was brown with a bit of red. I did not get my period on the actual date. May I consider the spotting as my periods? But it was not the usual amount of bleeding as I have in my pe...  Read Full »

Dr. Donalyn S. Barcial

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your spotting for the three days cannot be considered as the menstrual period. The usual amount should at least be at 80 ml per cycle, and that would approximate at least 10 moderately soaked pads. Some possible causes would be a hormonal disturbance, and this could ...  Read Full »

Is my spotting due to implantation bleeding or periods?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 30 years old and married for 2.4 years. Now we are planning for a child. On 14th of this month, I experienced periods with very little stomach pain and pain in legs. The next day on 15th there was no bleeding at all, 16th I had spotting of light red colored blood flow, 17th the sa...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This is not an implantation bleed at all as even urine pregnancy test is negative. Considering that you have been having regular spotting during this month since 14th of this month with hypomenorrhoea, there are possibilities that your serum Estradiol levels are low ...  Read Full »