Q. How do I make sure that I do not get my periods this month end?

Dr. Reetika Joshi
and medically reviewed by Dr. K Shobana

I got my periods last week of the previous month, and I have my next period in the last week of this month. It is my birthday, and I want to travel this time. Is there any possibility of delaying periods for 3 to 4 days so that I do not get my periods at the end of this month? Please give me your advice on this.

#

Thanks for writing in, and I understand your concern. There are various tablets to delay periods. These tablets prevent the shedding of the uterus lining. If you have no other health issues and no blood or artery-related problems, I recommend taking tablet Deviry (Medroxyprogesterone Acetate) 10 mg for five days before your expected date and continue till you do not wish to have your periods.

I hope this helps you.

Thank you for your response.

Should I take these tablets from 21st to 25th this month? Will they delay my periods? Please give me your say on this.

#

In my suggestion, if you have no history of irregular periods, then ideally, you will get your periods the day you stop taking medicines. Please do not stop unless you want periods to occur. Since these are hormone-based tablets I advise you not to take them continuously for more than 10 to 14 days.

Thank you for your response.

No, I do not have a history of irregular periods. I always experienced them for 30 days, but recently, I took I-pill for the first time and had the delay for 30 days and got it the next month. But if I take these tablets, will it affect me in any way? Please give me your opinion on this.

#

Emergency contraceptive pills are hormone-based pills that have the known side effect of causing light bleeding and delay in periods. So the side effects will not occur until the next period. You need not worry and take the medicine as suggested.

So I have to take one tablet of Deviry each day as the 24th is my estimated time of arrival for periods from today night till my birthday on the 25th or the next day, the 26th. I have to take eight tablets in total.

#

Good evening. Yes, one tablet of 10 mg every day till you do not want periods. But anyhow, don't take more than ten days. The complete cycle will get disturbed. Happy Birthday in advance once again. Good night.

|