Q. Is it normal to have periods lasting for 17 days?

Dr. Gulati Ranjitsingh Awtarsingh

My period has lasted for 17 days. I was wondering if this is something I should be concerned about or if I will be fine. I am not feeling any physical pain, nor am I on any medication. The periods started early for me and are still going on.

#

Your problem is not without any reason. You cannot have periods going on for 17 days. This can lead to you developing iron-deficiency anemia. I advise tablet Evoral (Ethinyl Estradiol and Levonorgestrel) one tablet daily for 21 days starting from the fourth day of your next cycle and continue it for three months. Take capsule Dexorange (Ferric ammonium citrate, Folic acid, Vitamin B12, and Zinc sulfate monohydrate) once daily after food.

|