Peripheral Vertigo

I have vestibular neuritis and migraine with pressure in my head and jaw casing nauseous feeling. Kindly help.

Query: Hello doctor, My MRI is normal, but I have pressure in my ears and on my head and jaw right side that causes nausea. Nausea does not subside and worsens with eating. They diagnosed me with vestibular neuritis and migraines. I am on my second week of steroids, and nothing is better. They said they do...  Read Full »

Dr. Aida Abaz Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern and would explain that your symptoms could be related to peripheral vertigo. I recommend taking Dimenhydrinate for nausea and pressure. Another treatment option would be Flunarizine or Verapamil coupled with Dimenhydrinate. It would be bes...  Read Full »

I am suffering from recurring vertigo canalolithiasis and have some symptoms of tinnitus. What should I do?

Query: Hello doctor,Three months ago, after self-curing a retriggering of an actual vertigo canalolithiasis (BPPV), I had an underlying and often debilitating wooziness and light-headedness with light nystagmus in the left eye with an upward rotation towards the right ear. It happened the third time that y...  Read Full »

Dr. Syed Tehmid

Answer: Hello,Welcome to icliniq.com.I understand your concern and will help you out.You need to know that positional vertigo is always triggered by placing the head in the critical offending positions or performing the offending movements. The vertigo is usually of a shorter duration and is often accompani...  Read Full »

Can peripheral vertigo be a sign of something more serious?

Query: Hi doctor,I am a 26-year-old male. I am a working professional, and I am 80 Kg by weight and 177 cm by height. I do not smoke or drink. I have been experiencing dizziness and feel like foggy brain and senses for the past week. I feel very hard to focus, even though I put l full effort. This had happ...  Read Full »

Dr. Aida Abaz Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I passed carefully through your question and would explain that your symptoms could be related to an inner ear disorder (peripheral vertigo) or low blood pressure. Have you checked your blood pressure values during these episodes? If your blood pressure values are no...  Read Full »

Can muscle sprain cause brain fog?

Query: Hi doctor,I have a neck sprain after chiropractic manipulation. I started having brain fog and sprain the next day. I went to emergency, and they did a CT, but nothing wrong came up on CT. I have attached the image. Want to know what could be the problem and what to do next.  Read Full »

Dr. Aida Abaz Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I passed carefully through your brain and spine angio CT scan (attachment removed to protect the patient's identity) and that it is perfectly normal (no stroke). I think that this situation is peripheral vertigo due to a twisted muscle (muscle spasm) in the neck and ...  Read Full »

What should I do for heaviness in head with dizziness?

Query: Hello doctor, I have heaviness in my head for the past few days. When I go into shops, I feel very uneasy, like I shall fall down. I also feel dizziness, feeling not well overall. Please help.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sudden onset of dizziness associated with vertigo can be due to stroke. However, it can simply be due to peripheral causes like vestibulitis and ENT infection. I need to know if you have any history of diabetes, hypertension. Tell me if you have diplopia, vertigo, v...  Read Full »

Based on my blood report, do I need any medicine?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 45 year old male. I have been on Omeprazole 20 mg and Thyroxine 50 mcg for the last four years. My height is 5'10" height and weight is 70 kg. I have hyperacidity and little vertigo. I am attaching herewith my latest blood report. Please advise whether any medicine is required.  Read Full »

Dr. Naresh Kumar Monigari

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through all the data posted. All the reports are within normal limits except for cholesterol level (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your LDL is 139 mg/dL. So, whether to start treatment for this elevation of cholesterol depends upon the pr...  Read Full »