Q. I have been experiencing dizziness and foggy brain for the past one week. Why?

Dr. Aida Abaz Quka

I am a 26-year-old male. I am a working professional, and I am 80 Kg by weight and 177 cm by height. I do not smoke or drink. I have been experiencing dizziness and feel like foggy brain and senses for the past week. I feel very hard to focus, even though I put l full effort. This had happened thrice before, on an interval of a year or so, but got well on its own. I sleep seven hours a day and have 2-3 meals a day. At night, I do have a problem with blocked sinuses, so I get up at times at night. I tried to fix my nutrition, sleep, and posture. But it did not help in the past week. Please let me know how I can fix this problem. Also, I do not have sugar as I measured around a month ago, and it was normal both in normal and in fasting..

#

I passed carefully through your question and would explain that your symptoms could be related to an inner ear disorder (peripheral vertigo) or low blood pressure. Have you checked your blood pressure values during these episodes? If your blood pressure values are normal, I would recommend consulting with an ENT (ear, nose, and throat) specialist for a physical examination and performing labyrinthine tests. It is also necessary to check thyroid hormone levels. In the meantime, I would recommend taking magnesium supplements to help improve your situation. I hope you will find this answer helpful.

|