Q. I have been coughing for over 2 years. Can you please help me with ayurvedic means of getting better?

Dr. Revathi Sundaramurthy
Published on Jul 03, 2015 and last reviewed on: Jan 12, 2019

I am a 39 year woman. I read about ayurveda on the internet and would like to use it as a means to find a lasting cure for my health problems. I have been coughing for over 2 years now and cough up blood and also have pain on the right upper side of my back. I also experience dizziness most of the times and irregular menstrual cycle and cannot lie on my back because I cough up blood a lot when I do. Can you please help me with ayurvedic means of getting better?

Dr. Revathi Sundaramurthy

Ayurveda Specialist Dietician Nutritionist Yoga
#

Good to hear about ayurveda from you. But we cannot neglect chronic cough with blood. So, it is my humble request for you to visit a local physician immediately and get back to me with the reports like x-ray, blood test, etc.

I have done a lot of tests and I have attached them. I was given some drugs, but still not better. That is why I need a natural cure not the chemicals that will add to my problems.

Dr. Revathi Sundaramurthy

#

I have gone through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Kindly follow your current medications which your physician has prescribed. Do not stop it. Along with it, you can take the below-mentioned medicines:

1. Vasarista, four teaspoons with four teaspoons of warm water after food, twice daily.
  2. Sitopaladi churna, half a teaspoon mixed in little honey three times a day.
  3. Dhanvantari vati, 2 tablets before food with warm water twice a day.
  4. Boil a quarter teaspoon of pepper and a half teaspoon of turmeric in a glass of milk and drink once daily.
  5. Avoid yogurt, cold water, cheese, butter, and deep-fried foods.
  6. You can drink meat soup rather than flesh.
  7. If you have the habit of tobacco or smoking or alcohol consumption, stop it immediately.

Follow all these instructions and revert back in 15 days. Kindly mention about your appetite, digestion and bowel movements in the follow-up.

I am coughing up blood in the mornings past three days. Should I worry?

Query: Hi doctor, I saw a blood streak while coughing into a tissue in the morning for the past three days, occurring only in the morning. I had a cold, but now I have just been coughing for the past 10 days. Please tell me if the blood I see is something to worry about or not. Also, I would like to know ...  Read Full >>

Dr. Ramkesh Prasad
Preventive Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have mentioned that you have a blood streak while coughing and only in the morning. You have also mentioned that you have a cold. There are many possibilities as to what caused the blood streak with your cough. As you have been suffering from a cough, it is hi...  Read Full

Is my sinus problem making me cough up bloody sputum?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 21 year old female, who weighs 80 kg and I am 6.1 feet tall. I have a sinus problem and coughing up blood. The blood is bright red in color, and the sputum is white. I got treatment for sinus yesterday, and they gave me Betnesol and Levbrox. I also have pain in my colon. I am taki...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. According to the history that you have given, it looks like you have bronchitis and upper respiratory tract infection, which causes blood in the sputum. You have been prescribed steroid, which will be beneficial as a decongestant and give inflammation relief. Continue...  Read Full

I used cocaine and now I have cough and phlegm with itchiness in throat. Why?

Query: Hi doctor,I used cocaine for six months but for four months, I have coughs and phlegm especially in the morning. I never had throat pain. It just feels itchy. I saw a doctor who gave me allergy spray with Cortizon but I took it for just one month. I keep drinking alcohol and cold drinks which makes ...  Read Full >>

Dr. Syed Tehmid

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity) that you have attached shows slightly enlarged tonsils with granular pharyngitis. There is nothing to worry. Your symptoms are due to chronic irritation of your throat which could be due to rhinosinusitis o...  Read Full

Ask an Ayurveda Specialist Now