Q. I have been coughing for over 2 years. Can you please help me with ayurvedic means of getting better?

Dr. Revathi Sundaramurthy
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 03, 2015 and last reviewed on: Jan 12, 2019

I am a 39 year woman. I read about ayurveda on the internet and would like to use it as a means to find a lasting cure for my health problems. I have been coughing for over 2 years now and cough up blood and also have pain on the right upper side of my back. I also experience dizziness most of the times and irregular menstrual cycle and cannot lie on my back because I cough up blood a lot when I do. Can you please help me with ayurvedic means of getting better?

#

Good to hear about ayurveda from you. But we cannot neglect chronic cough with blood. So, it is my humble request for you to visit a local physician immediately and get back to me with the reports like x-ray, blood test, etc.

I have done a lot of tests and I have attached them. I was given some drugs, but still not better. That is why I need a natural cure not the chemicals that will add to my problems.

#

I have gone through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Kindly follow your current medications which your physician has prescribed. Do not stop it. Along with it, you can take the below-mentioned medicines:

1. Vasarista, four teaspoons with four teaspoons of warm water after food, twice daily.
  2. Sitopaladi churna, half a teaspoon mixed in little honey three times a day.
  3. Dhanvantari vati, 2 tablets before food with warm water twice a day.
  4. Boil a quarter teaspoon of pepper and a half teaspoon of turmeric in a glass of milk and drink once daily.
  5. Avoid yogurt, cold water, cheese, butter, and deep-fried foods.
  6. You can drink meat soup rather than flesh.
  7. If you have the habit of tobacco or smoking or alcohol consumption, stop it immediately.

Follow all these instructions and revert back in 15 days. Kindly mention about your appetite, digestion and bowel movements in the follow-up.

|