Common "Personal Hygiene" queries answered by top doctors | iCliniq

Personal Hygiene

Personal hygiene is the process of keeping the external body clean and infection-free. Maintaining good personal hygiene helps infections, illnesses, and bad body odor away. It involves frequent washing of hands, taking a shower regularly, keeping your private area clean, and maintaining your oral hygiene.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

I have pilonidal sinus. What are the treatment options?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a pilonidal sinus, that is 20 mm long. I consulted the surgeon and he suggested surgery. Is it mandatory to get the surgery done now itself or can I wait for three to four months?  Read Full »

Dr. Madhav Tiwari

Answer: Hello, Welcome to A pilonidal sinus is more common among men who: 1. Have more hard body hair. 2. Have long working hours (sitting down). 3. Obese. Unfortunately, surgery is the best option for you in going forward. However, as the recovery period can be a lengthy one, you may hol...  Read Full »

I have swelling in perianal area due to G-string. Is it herpes?

Query: Hello doctor, A week back, I wore a G-string that was a little snug and I accidentally fell asleep in it. The next day, I noticed that my perineum and anal area were sore so that night I got a mirror and looked and noticed that there was a straight swollen line from my anus to my vagina opening rig...  Read Full »

Dr. Vedprakash Verma

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I have seen your images (attachment removed to protect patient identity), looks like perianal area is swollen secondary to explained injury. It will take a little time to heal completely. Kindly follow the following instructions: 1. Lignocaine gel for local application...  Read Full »

How to deal with burning pee after intercourse?

Query: Hello doctor, After intercourse, I had to deal with burning pee. And although it has reduced stinging now. It still is there. And also. My periods ended like four days back, so I wanted to know if I should still take the pill if I had unprotected sex but he did not ejaculate in me.  Read Full »

Dr. Neha Rathod

Answer: Hello, Welcome to From day 1 to 10 of the period it is the safe period. There is no chance of pregnancy as there is no ovulation happening during this period. So you need not take any medication. So relax and do not worry. These symptoms could be because of some urinary infection. Ple...  Read Full »

What to eat for good prostate and testicular health and how to prevent cancer in these areas?

Query: Hi doctor, I need few clarifications on how to protect the testicle and the right foods to eat for good testicle as well as for prostate and scrotum health. Also, provide how one can I prevent cancer in these areas like prostate, testicle, and scrotum.  Read Full »

Dr. Ankush Jairath

Answer: Hi, Welcome to Diet or things to avoid, excess of anything (broadly saying), too much oily or spicy food, avoid smoking, and you can have alcohol occasionally, avoid too much porn or too much masturbation, and avoid fast foods, chocolate, cold drinks, etc. Things to eat more; in general...  Read Full »

Will I break my hymen and loss virginity if I finger myself?

Query: Hi doctor, I am an 18 year old female, and I masturbate very often. I just rub my vagina, but I do not finger myself. I get really tempted to finger it. Whenever I try to do so, I get nervous and just finish it off by rubbing my vagina. Is it safe to finger my vagina? If yes, how do I do it? What ar...  Read Full »

Dr. Neha Rathod

Answer: Hi, Welcome to Vagina will definitely be wet when you are aroused, so there is nothing to worry about it. Usually, fingering may lead to infection and irritation. Yes, there are chances of hymen rupture. The rupture of the hymen depends upon how strongly and deeply you insert your fing...  Read Full »

What can be done for itching near sensitive area leading to color change?

Query: Hello doctor, I have itching near sensitive area, skin color changed nearby, due to itching. There are rashes which are painful at times. Kindly suggest an immediate cure.  Read Full »

Dr. Vandana Andrews

Answer: Hi, Welcome to It is due to fungal infection. Follow the mentioned treatment: Local application of antifungal dusting powder Clocip (Clotrimazole) during daytime near an inner region of the thigh. At night time, apply Clocip-B ointment in the inner area of the thigh. Maintain personal...  Read Full »

Is a boil on my vagina due to an STD (sexually transmitted disease)?

Query: Hello doctor,I do not have any problems while walking. What are the symptoms of STD? Do I have an STD? I am worried.Kindly advise.   Read Full »

Dr. Reetika

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I understand your concern. I have gone through the details and seen the image you shared (attachments removed to protect the patient's identity). You have a vaginal boil, not an STD (sexually transmitted disease). Do you have itching, a foul odor, or a discharge from...  Read Full »

How to manage balanitis present for a few months?

Query: I have balanitis since for few months. Symptoms started after taking cifran oz 500mg morning and night for 5 days for UTI infection. So now I have taken 2 tablets of flucanazole 150mg along with regular application of clotrimazole cream. Right now the pain and inflammation seems to be subsided very ...  Read Full »

Dr. Sandip Pramanik

Answer: Balanitis is a common problem. It will be resolved soon. Please maintain hygiene and wash the glans and prepuce with soap and water daily. If Balanitis or Balanoposthitis recurs, then you have to undergo Circumcision. You need clinical examination too to exclude BXO or other diseases of glans. Henc...  Read Full »

Kindly suggest some remedies for vaginal swelling, discomfort and abnormal discharge.

Query: Hi doctor, From yesterday, I have vaginal swelling, discomfort, and abnormal discharge. I had intercourse with my partner before four days. Please prescribe some home remedies or medicine to cure this problem.  Read Full »

Dr. Neha Rathod

Answer: Hi, Welcome to You have some vaginal infection, and it is causing the problem. Please get yourself checked by a gynecologist internally and get a vaginal swab test done. Avoid having sex till then. Wear cotton panties, and loose lowers. Maintain personal hygiene and take plenty of flu...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* Your first query consult is free!

Search for a Health Issue

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.