Ph Monitor

Manometry shows weakness halfway down the esophagus. What could it be?

Query: Hello doctor, I have had dysphagia for a few months. My endoscopy and barium swallow had been normal. The manometry showed weakness halfway down the esophagus. The pH test for 24 hours showed GERD. I tried eating a burger, and every bite of it got stuck. After that, I had a hoarse voice for a whi...  Read Full »

Allergy Specialist, General Practitioner, ENT Otolaryngologist, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the attachments (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The manometry and pH (potential of hydrogen) tests are not normal. The pH shows a gastroesophageal reflux and the manometry shows some weakness in the mid esophagus. You need to ...  Read Full »

How can I treat the pain a little left under my Adam's apple?

Query: Hello doctor, There is pain under Adam's apple a little to the left. I have a history of acid reflux. There is a pain in the throat with acid reflux. I did see an ENT about two years ago. Everything was fine except for swollen vocal cords due to the acid reflux. I also had thyroid studies and ...  Read Full »

Dr. Manu Wilfred

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Gastroesophageal reflux disease typically presents with heartburn and regurgitation. Extraesophageal symptoms include a sore throat, hoarse voice, feeling of food stuck in the throat, chest pain etc. Upon examination of the throat, the finding of swollen vocal cords...  Read Full »

Why am I having dysphagia only with solid foods?

Query: Hello doctor, I have had dysphagia for six months. I have been taking Omeprazole for three months. However, I have been going for tests including blood tests, endoscopy and barium swallow and all are completely normal. It is only with solid foods and with every meal it is worse the worst ...  Read Full »

Dr. Deepthi Maringanti

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your query.  You are suffering from reflux which probably was not very prominent. This condition is called a silent reflux.  Because of this silent reflux, the esophagus undergoes spasm as soon as you eat any solid foods.This condition is...  Read Full »