Q. How can we treat acute pharyngitis infection?

Dr. Goswami Parth Rajendragiri
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 03, 2018 and last reviewed on: Sep 04, 2018

I have a recurrent sore throat for the past seven months. I cannot drink, swallow, and my tongue is covered with a white layer. I have a dust allergy. I have a mild fever that goes to high fever as the time passes. There is malaise. I have vomiting often after I swallow. It is like a viscous sputum that blocks food from entering into the food canal. This time, I have swollen lymph nodes in my neck. The doctor examined me and told me there is no tonsillitis. I am taking Levofloxacin, Azithromycin, Ofloxacin, and Amoxicillin.

#

You are having an acute pharyngitis infection. You need to do the following tests:

1. CBC (complete blood count).
  2. Posterior pharynx examination and auscultation.
  3. Throat culture.

According to these reports, further treatment can be decided. Use salt water gargle done with warm water three times a day. Take one tablespoon of turmeric powder with milk daily. Drink warm water. Vitamin C 500 mg can also be taken for a week. For the symptomatic relief of pain and congestion, Paracetamol and Levocetirizine can be taken. You can consult an Otorhinolaryngologist for the further examination.

For more information consult a family physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/family-physician

|