Q. Does circumcision cause any negative impact on sexual activity?

Dr. Aman Gupta
Published on Nov 11, 2015 and last reviewed on: Feb 20, 2019

I am a 30 year old guy, and I have phimosis. Many times, I have tried to retract my foreskin, but always in vain. I would like to know if circumcision is mandatory to rectify the problem. Is there any other method which I could opt for? I am going to get married soon, and so I would like to get this problem solved. Please suggest.

Dr. Aman Gupta

Andrology Urology
#

Phimosis is a common problem. The simplest, long-term and permanent solution for phimosis is circumcision and is a minor day care procedure.

However, if you want to try medicines you can use ointment Fludrocortisone along with Clotrimazole ointment to be applied daily for three weeks.

If it does not improve, go for circumcision. Even if you get relief with ointment it is likely to be a temporary solution.

Moreover, after circumcision, it is easy to maintain hygiene and there is less chance of repeat infection.

After circumcision, you can resume normal activities within one or two days and sexual activity after a month. In my opinion, if indicated, go ahead with circumcision.

| 

I would like to know one more thing here. I have read through blogs that it affects the sensitivity of the front head of the penis. As circumcision is an irreversible procedure, is it really going to impact the sexual activities?

Dr. Aman Gupta

Andrology Urology
#

Circumcision does not affect sexual pleasure in any negative manner. In your case, it might be even better because intercourse could be painful with phimosis.

| 

How to pull back my tight foreskin?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 18 years old. I am uncircumcised, and my foreskin is not fully retractable. I am struggling to pull it back to expose about 20 % of the head when it is erect. When flaccid, it is easier to pull the skin, and I can get about 40 % to 50 % of the head exposed. My penis has a slight cur...  Read Full »

Why is my foreskin so tight?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 25 year old male. My foreskin is tight and it is difficult and hurts to pull back my skin off the head when erect but goes back with less effort when not erect. How can I loosen my foreskin at home?  Read Full »

What is the solution for skin being tight over the penis?

Query: Hello doctor, My husband and I have been having sex using a condom and it has been fine. Now we want to conceive and we are having sex without a condom and he experiences pain in his penis which causes him to lose his erection. He also experienced a cut in his penis area which caused bleeding that ...  Read Full »