Q. I am getting bad cuts around the tip of the foreskin on the penis when retracting the skin. Why?

Dr. Raveendran S. R
This is a premium question & answer published on Feb 12, 2021 and last reviewed on: Mar 09, 2021

I am 29 years old male of height 5’9 and weight 58 kgs. I have ulcerative colitis.

I am getting bad cuts around the tip of the foreskin on the penis when retracting the skin often. It takes a few days to heal and then produces cuts when retracted again. It has been happening for six months now.

#

I can understand your concern.

Your issue can be due to phimosis - kindly share an erect picture so that I can help you with the diagnosis.

If you have a history of unprotected sex, we need to think of STI (sexually transmitted infections).

If there is a family history of Diabetes, check RBS (resting blood sugar).

You can use ointment Lobate GM Neo (Clobetasol, Miconazole,and Neomycin) for local application as a temporary solution.

Thank you for the reply.

I have attached the erect pictures. The skin is painful. I have a history of unprotected sex and long-term partners and a history of diabetes as my father also had diabetes. Please advise a cream that will be available in my country.Will the prescription be required? Can you provide a prescription?

#

I saw the photographs (attachment removed to protect the person's identity).

I can see the ulcer, and I can also see constriction in the foreskin.

For now, you need to start :

T-Bact (Mupirocin) ointment twice daily for five days.

Tab Zerodol p (Aceclofenac and Paracetamol) twice daily for five days.

Tab Augmentin (Amoxicillin and Clavulanate) 625mg twice daily for five days.

Please share your blood sugar values to help you with diabetes mellitus management, as it plays a vital role in fast healing.

Share the picture after five days.

Avoid masturbation and sex for one week.

I cannot generate a prescription for foreign patients, sorry.

I have given you the generic name with trade names so you can replace drugs if needed.

|