Q. My foreskin is too tight, causing discomfort when the penis is erect. Kindly help me.

I am just wondering if my penis normal. Is it possible of my frenulum being too tight and causing discomfort when the penis is erect and the foreskin is pulled back? I am attaching an image for your reference. Please help me.

#

I read your query and gone through the attached image (attachments removed to protect the patient's identity). Unfortunately, the image is not clear. If possible, please send an image with different angulation and clarity. As per the available image, there is nothing abnormal with your penis other than some lesions over the foreskin (just below the frenulum in the attached image). The frenulum is well placed. Since the foreskin is retracted successfully in the given image, it indicates that the frenulum is neither tight nor causes discomfort during intercourse or retraction of the foreskin. I hope this was helpful.

Are there any methods to help loosen the foreskin when fully erect? When the penis erects, the foreskin does not go back automatically. I have attached a clear image for your reference. Then when I pull back the foreskin when erect, it is very tight. Kindly help me.

#

I have gone through the attached images (attachments removed to protect the patient's identity) and the additional description provided by you. As per the available details, you are probably suffering from phimosis, a condition where the foreskin is too tight to get retracted without discomfort. Furthermore, suppose forceful retraction of the foreskin is done. In that case, it may result in paraphimosis, a condition where the glans penis swells as the skin around the neck of the penis acts like a constriction band. If not treated, individuals with phimosis have higher chances of developing balanitis, inflammation of the head of the penis, which further results in scarring and increased severity of phimosis.

The most definitive treatment for the condition is minor surgery, otherwise known as circumcision. This is generally an outpatient department procedure and can be performed in few minutes by experienced surgeons. The conservative treatment for the condition are the use of steroid cream and stretching exercises. I hope this was helpful.

|