Q. My husband's foreskin is stuck after he pulled it back while urinating. What can be done for the pain?

Answered by
Dr. Aamir Muhamed
and medically reviewed by Dr. Sneha Kannan
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 18, 2020 and last reviewed on: Apr 30, 2020

Hi Doctor My husband is having pain in penis head. The foreskin got backwards and now it not coming back to original form and not covering head of penis. Yesterday when my husband was urinating, he tried pulling foreskin and it went backwards, after that it not coming to front. Before also, he was not able to pull it backwards, so while having sex and wearing condom, there was no problem. Once when we had unprotected sex, his foreskin went backwards and he was in pain. The foreskin was coming forward. He is in pain, what can be done? Is it normal or not? We had sex a month ago, with precaution.


This is an Ad. icliniq or icliniq doctors do not endorse the content in the ad.

Dr. Aamir Muhamed

Family Physician General Practitioner


It looks like your husband is suffering from a condition called phimosis. Phimosis is a condition in which the foreskin is too tight to be pulled back over the head or glans of the penis. Now this can happen due to a number of reasons, and can be diagnosed only after examination. This usually happens when one does not clean under the foreskin, can lead to bacteria, fungus or other germs accumulating there. When this happens for some time, it can lead to balanitis inflammation of the glans, or the head, of the penis). Has this happened before? (Tight, shiny skin on the glans, redness around the glans, itchiness, or irritation of the glans, an unpleasant smell, tight foreskin that cannot be pulled back,etc.). When this happens it can lead to phimosis.

After examination only I will be able to diagnose whether it is balanitis or phimosis and whether this is due to bacteria or fungus or some other cause. The treatment varies depending on the findings. Therefore, if the pain is severe, it would be best to take him to a urologist and get it examined. On the other hand, if the penis is red and swollen, you should take him to the emergency room. If you want, I can give you a cream for the pain, but if there is infection, there is a chance it will become worse. I understand there is lockdown, but if the pain is not too severe, you can wait until lockdown is lifted. Let me know what you decide and any other queries you may have.

Was this answer helpful?



This is an Ad. icliniq or icliniq doctors do not endorse the content in the ad.

Also Read Answers From:

Comprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Related Questions & Answers

I have inflammation and small red bumps on the penis after sex and masturbation. Is this balanitis?

Query: Hello doctor,I have inflammation of the penis head and small red bumps on the outer edge of the penis after sex and masturbation. The bumps occur and disappear after a few days. I have been using antifungal cream for about a month and also took antibiotics. It looks like it has vanished but occurs b...  Read Full »

Can I have sex with phimosis?

Query: Hi doctor,I have phimosis. I am ashamed to have sex with my fiance. Will sex be a problem or uncomfortable in future? Is there any solution other than surgery?  Read Full »

My foreskin is torn and it hurts while masturbating. Is it due to balanitis?

Query: Hello doctor, I am perhaps suffering from balanitis. The foreskin is torn at some places and it hurts too much to pull the skin back. Some white substance is accumulating every day under the head of the penis. What to do? To be honest, it hurts while masturbation. So, I have stopped masturbating. B...  Read Full »



Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask a Sexologist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.
Enter Your Health Query
You can upload files and images in the next step.



Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.