Q. Are the abnormalities in abdomen X-ray stones?

Answered by Dr. Chitrangada.

Do you have a question on Phlebolith or X-ray Pelvis? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I am a nurse and I had the stomach flu about a week ago and decided to take a VD pelvis and abdomen radiograph of myself. Upon taking the radiograph, a number of small abnormalities in the pelvis were seen. At first glance, they appeared to be stones, but after taking repeat X-rays, one week later, the small circular spots have not moved at all. A urinalysis was ran and came back completely normal. I suffer from irregular periods but other than that, I am in good health.