Q. Why does my skin hurt and itch during workout?

This is a premium question & answer published on May 02, 2016 and last reviewed on: Feb 13, 2020

My skin hurts and itches during the workout and also it gets hurt when I am out in the sun. When my body temperature is high, my skin starts to hurt and itch. After my body cools and heart rate gets stable, the itching and hurt stops. Especially in my face, chest and back, but I do not feel it in my legs. I have acne on my face, chest and back. I had acne-like two years ago, but I did not have these problems with my skin. Nowadays, especially this year in spring this problem appeared. I should point that I had been consumed Doxycycline and Trichopol, but I have already stopped consuming them. I have been using acne cleanser and I stopped consuming it also as my problem is not solved. I have stopped consuming these things a month ago. What do you think about it? What is that? How to cure that? I cannot go out for it because these symptoms start when I am out in sun. What do I need to do? How to treat it?

#

• With your given history, it seems that you have developed photoallergic reactions due to chronic use of Doxycycline almost for two years.
  • May be possibly you have acne rosacea as there is frequent flushing, redness and small lumpy red spots developed along with tiny blood vessels visible over face with burning sensations in your eyes.

You can use certain general measures to reduce the above two conditions.

1. Avoid strong sunlight to the face, heavy workout, alcoholic drinks and spicy foods.
  2. Use a sunblock cream over face with SPF (sun protection factor) 30 or more.
  3. Immediately after stopping Doxy (Doxycycline) it takes a few months to get rid of phototoxic effect of this drug.
  4. Avoid using anything which is sensitive to skin like in your case avoid cleanser which contain acetone or alcohol.

For further doubts consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

|