HomeAnswersFamily PhysicianpilesI have developed piles and fissures, which I believe are in the initial stage. What can I do to get rid of them?

How to get rid of piles and fissures in the initial stage?

Share

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At November 6, 2023
Reviewed AtNovember 6, 2023

Patient's Query

I think I have developed piles or fissure and it is in the initial phase. What can I do?

I can understand your concern. Anal fissures can be quite painful, but several home remedies may help alleviate symptoms and promote healing. Here are a few things that I would suggest you could try:

Warm bath: Soak in a warm bath for 15 to 20 minutes to relax the anal muscles, which may help reduce pain.

Topical cream or ointment: Over-the-counter creams or ointments that contain Hydrocortisone, Lidocaine, or Nitroglycerin can help relieve pain and promote healing.

Increase fiber intake: Eating more fiber helps to soften your stools, making bowel movements less painful.

Stay Hydrated: Drinking plenty of water helps hydrate your bowel and softens your stools, aiding in bowel movements.

Avoid trigger foods: Spicy foods, caffeine, and alcohol can increase pain, so it is best to avoid them.

Use soft toilet paper: Scented or rough toilet paper may cause further irritation, using unscented soft toilet paper or a moist wipe can provide relief.

If your symptoms continue or worsen, it is best to see a doctor for medical treatment.

I hope this helps you.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Vandana Andrews
Dr. Vandana Andrews

Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Ask your health query to a doctor online

Family Physician

*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy