Pimecrolimus

Usage of Eidel cream for skin rashes caused white patches. Will it likely fade?

Query: Hello doctor, I experienced a rash after an allergic reaction that spans from my chest, neck, and face. I removed the allergen from my diet and was prescribed Elidel to help clear the rash. However, I experienced over the course of two to three days, white patches which look as there is absolut...  Read Full »

Dr. Megha Kakani

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If the patch is secondary to the use of Elidel (Pimecrolimus) fade cream then it is temporary. Within two or three months gradually it will subside. Right now do not use anything else on the face except for sunscreen and moisturizer. If it does not subside even after t...  Read Full »

I have a sore on the shaft of my penis and I am negative for STD and genital warts. What could it be?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 60-year-old male and I am not sexually active. After masturbation, I use a moisturizing lotion. I developed a sore on the shaft of my penis. It is not painful and does not itch, but there is a slight awareness of sensation. This could be due to the bump catching friction as opp...  Read Full »

Dr. Payal Chauhan

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. Please send the photographs not as collage, but as separate files. It is difficult to appreciate the morphology like this in a collage (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You can send one photo of each of these days separately...  Read Full »

How to cure ringworm?

Query: Hi doctor, I have ringworm in my thigh area for the last four months. It is itching very badly. What shall do to get it cured completely? My age is 42 and my weight is 82 kg. I am currently on Terbinafine 250 mg, Candiforce 100 mg and Clocip powder.  Read Full »

Dr. Geetha Priyadarsini Kamminana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Ringworm infection in the groin is known as tinea cruris. It is a recurrent fungal infection. Please let me know whether you have diabetes. Are you on steroids for any reason? Does any other family member have the same infection? Do you have intense pruritus ...  Read Full »

I have a fungal infection on the face that recurs when I stop the cream. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I am 24 years old. I have been diagnosed to have a fungal infection on my face and was suggested to use candid B cream when I was in primary school. I had relief, but I have been now developing the same kind of lesions since five years and I have been using candid B every night. If I sto...  Read Full »

Dr. Kakkar

Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have noted your concern and I have viewed the images (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I can see some dryness, flakiness, and small red patches on the side of the chin, jaw, and side of upper lip. It is not exactly a fungal infection. It is actua...  Read Full »

Can I use Pacroma cream to help with intense itching in my buttocks?

Query: Hello doctor, I have an intense itching in my buttocks. I usually suffer heavy itching problem throughout my day. I apply Pacroma in my buttocks. Also, I apply an antifungal powder which gives me only temporary relief.  Read Full »

Dr. Jyotisterna Mittal

Dermatologist, Venereologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Cosmetologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please attach two to three clear pictures of the affected area for better evaluation and guidance. Since when are you having these issues? Are you applying Pacroma Cream (Pimecrolimus topical) under the advice of your dermatologist? For more information ...  Read Full »