Q. I have a few medium sized pimples on my penis for about a few days. What could it be?

Dr. Suvina Attavar

I have a few medium-sized pimples on my penis. It was only one pimple a few days ago but now it has grown to four. I have started drinking garlic water after watching few suggestions on youtube.

#

According to your description, there are multiple things that could present as such. It could be molluscum contagiosum, genital warts, or herpes. Sometimes even physiologic changes such as pearly penile papules can also present like this. If you are sexually active it could be an STD (sexually transmitted disease) as well. Kindly revert to me with photos and sexual history so as to aid in diagnosis and treatment.

Well, I am 19 years old and have not had sex until now. From today, I have started cleaning my penis thrice a day with normal water with a pinch of Dettol in it and as I mentioned earlier I am drinking ginger water twice a day. The itchiness has reduced but the pimples are still there. It has been five days now since this problem has started. Because of Covid-19 lockdown, I am unable to go to the hospital. Kindly suggest me what medicine to take and steps to cure this as early as possible.

#

Thanks for the details and photos. (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

This is looking like genital scabies. This usually happens if you have used public transport recently like overnight bus or trains or even if you have stayed overnight at a hotel where sheets have not been cleaned. Usually, in this case the itching will be more at night.

You need to take tablet Ivermectol (Ivermectin) 12 mg tomorrow morning on empty stomach and repeat the dose after one week. Apply Permite 5% (Permethrin) cream to the whole body from neck to toes including private parts tonight, one tube to be emptied for one application. tomorrow morning have a bath. After bath, all your clothes, bedsheets, towels, blankets have to be washed in hot water and kept in the sun for drying. Only freshly washed clothes to be worn. The cream application has to be repeated after one week. You can also take tablet HHlevo 5 mg (Levocetirizine) daily night after food for one week.

Scabies.

After two weeks if no improvement.

Is there any alternative for the tablet or the ointment which you have prescribed? In case if I do not get that, should I continue drinking ginger water (twice a day)?

#

I will give you the generic names so that you can take any available brand. Tablet Ivermectol, Ivecop, Ivercid 12 mg (Ivermectin 12 mg), tablet HHlevo, Okacet L, Levosiz 5 mg (Levocetirizine 5 mg) and Permite cream, HHmite cream (Permethrin 5%).

|