Q. Are red and white pimples on my penis indicative of an STD?

Dr. Vaibhav

A few days back, I spotted a few small red and white pimples on my penis. Could that be the possible sign and symptom of any sexually transmitted disease or some kind of microbial infection?

#

Depending on the images (attachments have been removed to protect the patient's privacy) you have sent, yes, it can be either a sexually transmitted disease or an infection. It depends on how many days back you had unprotected sexual activity. This can also be an allergic reaction to something like condom latex. Most of the conditions mentioned above present in a similar way. Thus, you will first need a physical examination by a urologist for proper confirmation of diagnosis, and then the course of antibacterial and antifungal cream will be needed.

|