Q. Why do I have have pink spots on my shaft head without pain, discharge, or erection issue?

Dr. C Sharath Kumar
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 16, 2021 and last reviewed on: Sep 20, 2021

I am 34-years-old male, and I am married. I have had pink spots on my shaft head for more than a month. It is itchy and turns white on scratching. There is no discharge coming out of any kind, no pain, and no erection issue.

I am using Fusidic acid and Betamethasone cream for two weeks in combination with Clotrimazole cream. I take Fluconazole capsule 150 mg once weekly for two weeks and Doxycycline 100 mg twice daily for two weeks.

Kindly help.

#

Your pink spots on the shaft are called penile pimples, and the causes for penile bumps are as follows;

1) Folliculitis is an infection of hair follicles.

2) Infected pimples.

3) Sebaceous cyst.

4) Epidermoid cyst. It is caused by keratin growth in a sebaceous gland, and they are usually harmless.

5) Balanitis is an inflammation of the head of the penis.

6) Balanoposthitis is inflammation of both the penis head and the foreskin. It can result in pain and swelling and make it difficult to retract the foreskin (phimosis).

Treatment depends upon the cause. Usually, it may require antibiotics, steroid creams, and antifungal creams. In extreme cases, circumcision is needed.

I suggest you apply Onabet-B cream (Beclometasone and Sertaconazole) over your penis head.

|