Q. I got a pimple on my scrotum a few months after unprotected sex. What is it?

Dr. Raveendran S. R

I had sex without a condom. A few months following this, I got a pimple on my scrotum. I popped the pimple, and it became large. Now, it has started to shrink. What should be done?

Please help.

#

Welcome to iCliniq.com.

I read your query and have gone through the images attached (attachments removed to protect the patient's identity).

I suggest you not worry and follow the below instructions as it looks like a bacterial infection;

1) Apply ointment T-Bact (Mupirocin) 2 % to that area twice a day after washing with water.

2) Take tablet Augmentin 625 mg (Amoxicillin 500 mg and Clavulanic Acid 125 mg) and tablet Zerodol-P (Aceclofenac and Paracetamol) twice a day after food for five days and tablet Pan (Pantoprazole) 40 mg twice a day before food for five days.

Also, I suggest getting the following blood tests done;

1) TPHA (treponema pallidum hemagglutination) test.

2) Herpes simplex virus (HSV) 1 and 2 IgG, serum.

3) Herpes simplex virus (HSV) 1 and 2 IgM, serum.

4) Chlamydia trachomatis IgG antibody testing (CAT).

5) HIV 1 and 2 antibodies screening test.

6) HBsAg (hepatitis B surface antigen) test.

Please revert with the test reports for further evaluation of the condition.

Thank you for the reply.

I see a white discharge when the pimple is popped. Do I need to worry about that?

#

Welcome back to iCliniq.com.

Please do not worry, as the white discharge is normal to get. Maintain proper hygiene and wash the area with saltwater or Betadine (Povidone-iodine) solution and apply the ointment. Also, the infection will subside as you start taking the prescribed medications.

|