Q. I have non-healing pimples. What can they be?

Dr. Shaunak Patel
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 05, 2016 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I am a 23 year old male. What seemed as a common pimple to me some months ago is causing me a great problem now. I had a few pimples on my face around 4-5 months back. I remember trying to put pressure on them and I messed it up. I had pimples all over my face. Then, I consulted a doctor and he suggested a cream (Epiduo gel, Benzoyl peroxide). It helped initially, but the pimples never really healed completely. And in the recent few weeks they have become more pervasive. I use to clean my face regularly but every day or two, a new pimple pops out. I have attached a picture for your reference. I would like to mention that I have dandruff in my hair. Kindly suggest a treatment.

#

I had a look at your photographs (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

• You are currently having acne grade 3. In my opinion the best treatment for your acne would be a mild cleanser like Epiduo-OTC (combination of Adapalene and Benzoyl peroxide) face wash.
  • Use it once in the morning while taking a bath and once at night, bedtime.
  • Make sure to remove any makeup and keep your face free of any sweat or oil before you apply the Epiduo gel. Apply the gel only over the pimples with a light hand. Do not press, rub or prick your pimples.
  • In my opinion you need to take antibiotic Capsule Minoz (Minocycline) 100 mg once before lunch every day for 14 days.
  • With this treatment your pimples should reduce and please follow up after 12 days. Depending on your acne condition after 12 days, I will change your medication. We will make sure that your pimples will not bother you in near future.

1. Drink lot of water.
2. Constipation can give rise to acne.

1. Avoid having coffee.
2. Stop smoking.
3. Avoid harsh soaps for washing your face.

Revert back after 12 days with the photographs taken from front, left and right side for clear understanding to a dermatologist online.--->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

I have never smoked till date. I do drink coffee and green tea every day. Off late I drink a lot of coffee.  And I rarely suffer from constipation. I have attached the pictures. Thank you.

#

• Good that you have sent me the photographs (attachment removed to protect patient identity).
  • After completing the course of tablet Minoz, send me the same kind of photographs after 12 days.
  • I shall change the medicines and advice you based on your progress. Pretty soon, your skin will look good.

Revert back with the photographs after 12 days to a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

|