Q. I have small pimples on my face, which are painful and leaving scars behind. Please help.

Dr. Shama Naaz

I have a severe skin problem. Small pimples eventually grow on my face, and some pain a lot and are filled with some white stuff. A few of them leave a scar behind. My face is quite ruined. I consulted my local doctor once. She gave me medicines Azicip (Azithromycin) and a gel Clindac A (Clindamycin phosphate). My face gets slightly better, and after some time, it takes the same look again.

Please help me.

#

Acne is a common problem of your age group, and you require regular treatment for that and general skincare. You should not pick or pop the pimples otherwise, it will cause acne scars. You should wash your face twice daily, containing 2% Salicylic acid. You can use Clindamycin gel twice daily. If you get white stuff or pus-filled pimples, you should apply an antibiotic cream (like Fusidic acid). Avoid eating oily, fried, sugar-containing food, milk, and milk products. You should use moisturizers that have non-comedogenic, hypoallergenic, and will not clog pores over its label.

|