Q. What medicines can be taken for pimples?

Dr. Jyotisterna Mittal
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 04, 2017 and last reviewed on: Sep 16, 2022

I am 18 years old and I am having pimples for the past two years. Please suggest treatment.

#

For acne, I suggest you can take

1) Azithromycin 500 mg thrice a week and repeat the medicine the next week. So, you take six tablets in two weeks. This tablet is to be taken half hour before breakfast.

2) Saslic face wash (Salicylic acid 1 %) twice daily.

3) Apply Nioclean gel (Clindamycin and Nicotinamide) on the acne area in the morning and

4) Aziderm (Azelaic Acid) 20 % gel at night.

5) Apply Face gaurd sunscreen gel twice daily at 8 a.m. and 12 p.m. over the entire face.

Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medicines with their consent.

Drink plenty of water daily and also avoid hair oil application. Avoid oily food and junk food. Also, reduce the consumption of starchy food like potatoes and rice.

Follow up in two weeks.

|