Common "Pimples" queries answered by top doctors | iCliniq


A small pustule or papule that results from clogging of the sebaceous gland is called a pimple. The oil or sebaceous glands get clogged and infected and can result in swollen lesion filled with pus. Pimples can affect any body part like face, back, chest, etc.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

I have been having specific types of acne and pimples. Please suggest treatment methods to improve my skin condition.

Query: Hello doctor,What treatment options are available for my specific type of acne or pimples? Are there any lifestyle changes or habits I should adopt to improve my skin condition? What skincare products should I use or avoid for my skin type? Are there any specific triggers or factors that may be wors...  Read Full »

Dr. V. Srikanth Reddy

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I read your query and understand your concern. Acne can be treated easily with facewash, tablets, and creams. Some people have more oiliness on the face which results in breakouts. After completing treatment for controlling the active breakouts, tablets can be stopped...  Read Full »

There are tiny little bumps on my face which keeps growing. What should I do?

Query: Hello doctor, I have tiny bumps all over my face that are growing. My skin is all messed up. It looked black; a couple of years ago, being more precise, almost two years ago. My whole face had even skin without a single bump. Now my face has so many bumps with baby hair all over the face.  Read Full »

Dr. V. Srikanth Reddy

Answer: Hi, Welcome to Acne can be treated easily with facewash, tablets, and Adapalene-based creams. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with them and take the medicines with their consent. Some people have more oily faces, which results in acne breakouts. After completing the treatment ...  Read Full »

I am getting married in less than three months. Are there ways to clear my acne scars?

Query: Hello doctor, I am getting married soon and have had pimples for the past eight months, which have turned into scars. I wanted to remove those acne marks as there are only three months left for marriage. What are the possible ways to remove pimple marks? What are the treatment options available? How...  Read Full »

Dr. V. Srikanth Reddy

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I think you are asking about post-acne pigmentation or post-inflammatory pigmentation. Targeting through a single agent might not always be fruitful. Please consult a dermatologist to learn more about the diagnosis and treatment options. A combination of different th...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* Your first query consult is free!

Search for a Health Issue

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.