Q. I have dark spots on my neck and chest. What could it be?

I have dark spots on my neck and chest. What could it be?

#

What are the symptoms in it and how long it has been there? Please send few more good quality photographs taken in a natural light from different angles and distances.

The spots are there on the neck for around a week. I have attached better photos. I am waiting for your reply with the recommended treatment.

#

From the photographs sent (attachments removed to protect the patient's identity) it is going in favor of pityriasis versicolor. It is a very common and very relapsing fungal infection and is mainly precipitated by heat and moisture. I would advise you to use the following medications and revert to me in one month.

1.Tablet Nizoral (Ketoconazole) 200 mg once daily for one month.

2. Apply Lulifin (Luliconazole) cream twice daily.

3. Use 8X Shampoo, apply it 15 minutes before bath.

Review in one month. I hope it helps. If you have any other questions please do not hesitate to contact us.

|