Placenta Position

NT scan shows placenta is fundo posterior lower edge reaching internal os. Can I travel?

Query: Hi doctor, Our 12 weeks NT scan indicates developing placenta is fundo posterior lower edge reaching internal OS. The doctor advised 30 days complete bed rest. I need your opinion on the same case and also doing an ultrasound scan after two weeks. This scan was done 10 days back and since then I am...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. At 12 weeks gestation with placenta fundo-posterior with lower edge reaching internal is a fairly acceptable finding for early pregnancy. It does not really call for bed rest if there has been no episode of any bleeding per vaginum. The safest distance of placenta is...  Read Full »

Is it risky to have placenta in posterior position?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 11 weeks 2 days pregnant and as per my US report placenta is posterior, low lying, just covering the OS. Retroplacental area is clear and placental maturity is grade 0. I previously had two C-section birth. Is there any chance of shifting the placenta upper or do I have any risk due...  Read Full »

Dr. Digvijay

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is the first-trimester scan. It is good that it is posterior placenta with previous two C-section. If it is anterior, then it is difficult to travel upward. Higher chances of an adherent placenta in the anterior placenta. You need serial monitoring by ultrasonography...  Read Full »