Plantar Arch Support

Why do I have pain after plantar fascia release surgery?

Query: Hi doctor, I had plantar fascia release surgery three months ago and my doctor released me to work even though I was supposed to get one more x-ray. After getting the second X-ray, he said the x-ray looks good. But, still I am in a lot of pain. Also, the pain has spread to the outside of my foot al...  Read Full »

Dr. Lokesh

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. No, you do not need a second opinion. The surgery is done, but you still have some tenosynovitis of the other tendons, which has to come down. Also, it is very likely that you have a flat foot due to the tenosynovitis of the posterior tibialis tendon. So, I suggest you th...  Read Full »