Q. How to manage my mother's plantar fasciitis?

Dr. Hemang Sudhakarbhai Jani
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 01, 2016 and last reviewed on: Oct 12, 2020

My mother, who is 50, is suffering from plantar fasciitis. She lives in a remote area and so, regular physical and ESWT therapy is not feasible. I am planning to buy a portable ESWT device. Will this be helpful and feasible to use them at home without any assistance? Is there any side effect associated with these portable devices? Please advise.

#

• Plantar fasciitis, which is inflammation of foot tissue, can be reduced by decrease weight bearing, by wearing different footwear and by physiotherapy.
  • TENS (transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation) will not be an effective one. You need to take ultrasound therapy with analgesic cream use and it will be more effective.
  • TENS therapy is only temporary and will not give a problem solving approach. Even though it will not give any side effect, there will not be a benefit too.
  • So, kindly take ultrasound therapy, which is essentially needed for 15 days and the protocol is 1 MHz and 1.5 W/sq cm for 10 minutes daily.

For further information consult a physiotherapist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/physiotherapist

|