Q. How to recover from plantar fasciitis and hip pain?

Dr. Atul Prakash
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 09, 2017 and last reviewed on: Jun 19, 2019

I am 60 years old. I have plantar fasciitis from one year and two months. It is getting better, but I wanted a second opinion on my MRI done two months ago. Also, since the past two weeks, I have hip pain from the groin to the outer part of the hip in a semi-circle. It is painful to get in and out of a car or climb stairs. I have been doing Cross-fit gym for the past three years.

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert Orthopedics And Traumatology Physiotherapy Spine Health
#

I have gone through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

• As far as the plantar fasciitis is concerned, there is evidence on the MRI to suggest that there is some edema on the attachment of the plantar fascia on the calcaneum. As you are getting better, not much needs to be done investigations wise but you need to do Achilles tendon stretches, intrinsic strengthening exercises, roller massage, contrast bath, etc.
  • With regards to the new symptoms of hip pain, this can be a simple muscle strain and will settle down in the next few weeks.
  • It could be early osteoarthritis of the hip and will need an X-ray and hip examination by an orthopedic surgeon.
  • It could be trochanteric bursitis and you may need some physiotherapy.
  • You could wait for a few weeks and meanwhile for the symptom, I suggest you take painkiller tablets and do some ice packs.
  • If you are still concerned, please get an X-ray to rule out OA of the hip.

Revert with reports to a fitness expert online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/fitness-expert

| 

Can you suggest physiotherapy treatment for plantar fasciitis and knee pain?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 40 year old man. I have a foot pain which was diagnosed a few years ago as plantar fasciitis. I use shoes with special support, insoles, and cushion on the socks. I also have a pain in my right knee, especially on the inner side. I want to know if there are any exercises or st...  Read Full »

Does pain in soles while walking or standing mean plantar fasciitis?

Query: Hello doctor,From the last few months, I am having pain in both the soles. It gets worse when I walk or stand for a long time. Also, it gets worse when I sleep. I suspect it is plantar fasciitis. What remedy do you suggest?  Read Full »

Osteoarthritis of Knee

Article Overview: This is a patient information article on wear and tear in knee joint. It gives information regarding understanding of osteoarthritis of knee its causes, prevention and methods of treatment available. Read Article

Dr. Mohan Krishna

Osteoarthritis can affect any joint in the body. It is like wear and tear which develops over many years. It is common in people over 50 years of age, particularly in women. Both knees need not to be affected at the same time. The cartilage gradually roughens and becomes thin exposing the underlyin...  Read Article

Ask a Fitness Expert Now