Pleurisy

Why do I get right-sided chest pains when I sleep on my side?

Query: Hello doctor, I used to have right-sided chest pains, only when I sleep on my side. But since today, I feel a constant pain in my chest. Why am I having constant chest pain? Should I be worried?  Read Full »

Dr. Divakara P

Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Pain Medicine Physician, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for posting your query. Right-sided chest pain could be due to a muscle catch, pleurisy, gastritis, lung infection, stones in the gallbladder, and liver problem. I need more information on the pain, Since how long it is paining? How is the pain? Is it burning, pri...  Read Full »

I have chest soreness and radiating pain.Is this due to pleurisy or costochondritis?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 36 year old, otherwise healthy (as far as I know) female. I was a smoker earlier. No history of heart disease. My mother has COPD, but has been a long time smoker.  Two and a half weeks ago, I went on a hayride with my sons. I have a short stature. To get on and off the hayrid...  Read Full »

Dr. Rahul Rathee

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are right, muscular pain will not last so long. Pleurisy: It is an inflammation of the outer covering of lungs. It is most commonly caused by infections in which condition there will be fever which is not present in your case. Rarely it can also be caused by chest ...  Read Full »

What cause pain in the chest while taking TB treatment?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a stabbing pain in the chest while taking TB treatment with four types of drugs (DOTS) since one and a half months. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Smit Uttam Janrao

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. This pain can be due to fluid in the pleural space, due to pleurisy or due to a cardiac cause. I suggest you take tablet Combiflam (Ibuprofen and Paracetamol), twice a day for five days. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medicines wit...  Read Full »

What could this sharp acute left-sided chest pain be?

Query: Hello doctor,I have an acute sharp pain in my left chest under my nipple not in the middle at all. It feels like a tight constricting pain. I took Asprin three hours ago. The pain comes and goes occasionally and it goes to the left shoulder. It feels very localised. So, I am putting pressure on the ...  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Does this increase in deep breathing? How long does it persist? Is it for a few seconds or minutes? Sharp pain and short-lived pain is less likely to be a cardiac pain. Cardiac pain is usually retrosternal, persistent, increases on exertion and relieves with rest, a...  Read Full »