Q. I am 23 years old and I have light periods which lasts only for a day. Please help.

Dr. Manwani Saloni Dilip

I am a 23-year-old female. For the last six months, I have experienced menstrual irregularity. Often light periods which last only for one day. I took homeo medicine for one month in the following four months, but no considerable change was experienced. I last spotted a line of menstrual flow a few months back and in the last month. Today I am sensing pain on my right lower hip side. But at times when pain in the right side is reducing, I sense a wave-like pain in the left side through the middle of the stomach. Also, I experienced a 4 kg weight gain and facial hair growth in the following time. As I am a student, I am often stressed and engaged in long hours of study at night. I would like to know the solution, chances of cyst, medicines, and stress factor.

#

This looks like polycystic ovaries. It is a common lifestyle disorder, which is aggravated by stress and a sedentary lifestyle. You will need to get a sonography done to confirm it. A healthy lifestyle with aerobic exercise will help reduce weight loss will also reverse the symptoms along with stress management.

But I would like to know what medicine I can get from the medical shop to get periods? I am asking this as I cannot move out to consult a doctor and get the test done, as Corona cases are high in our region and due to primary contact issues. Is it proper to take Medroxyprogesterone like tablets? I feel a heaviness in my stomach (maybe mentally) since I am not getting periods properly. Can you also advise me on the foods to consume and not to take? Can you suggest a tablet that I could take? But I assure and understand the need to consult the doctor and get a sonographic test done.

#

To get your periods now, you can take Medroxyprogesterone tablets for five days, and then you will get withdrawal bleeding after five days. But this is not the treatment, it is just a temporary solution.

Try eating a balanced diet.

|