Q. How to manage poor erection present at 38 years of age?

Answered by
Dr. Ashok Kumar Choudhary
and medically reviewed by Dr. K Shobana
This is a premium question & answer published on Feb 11, 2021

Hi doctor,

I am a 38-year-old male with a weight of 95 kilograms and a height of five feet seven inches. I do not have any other medical conditions. I suffer from migraine headaches and I take Propanolol 40 mg one tablet a day with general pain killers as per the requirement. I am taking this medicine for several years. My blood pressure is normal and my cholesterol level is 4.1 mg/dL. I do not smoke or drink alcohol. I do not take any drugs other than those prescribed. My erections have started to become less strong for the past six months.

If the stimulation is stopped, my erection returns back to the flaccid state and it gets started again. Currently, it is not getting stronger. I have a tight foreskin and I am unable to retract my penis for an erection. My lifestyle and circumstances remain the same without stress. I suffer from the same problem when I masturbate alone. I am trying to take Viagra to improve my erection. I am willing to take it under the guidance of the doctor. Please suggest.



Welcome to

I understand your concern. There is a contraindication for taking Viagra (Sildenafil) and you can take it after consulting the doctor. But there is clear evidence that you seem to be overweight. This can be a simple reason for having a decrease in the intensity of erections over a period of time. You can also have other reasons for losing erections at 38 years. This is important to rule out the cause of the problem and it is very difficult to treat the condition permanently. In my view, it is better to take Viagra after consulting the doctor.

Was this answer helpful?


Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Related Questions:
I am 51 years being treated for coronary ectasia and hypertension. Can I take Viagra for erectile dysfunction?

My 7 year old daughter have cpk value is 1372.0. What should I do   Read full

Why am I having problems with erection?

My 7 year old daughter have cpk value is 1372.0. What should I do   Read full

How to wean Veniz XR safely?

My 7 year old daughter have cpk value is 1372.0. What should I do   Read full

Also Read Answers From:

ideaComprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Also Read

Sexual Problems and Depression
Depression is one of the commonest psychiatric problems in the general population. About 10 % of men and more than doubl...  Read more»
Holiday Season During the Pandemic
Most of us wonder if there is a way to celebrate the holiday season during the COVID-19 pandemic safely. Here are some i...  Read more»
Skin Care Tips To Win Over Winter
This article discusses a few tips to manage and protect your skin during winter.  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask a Sexologist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.