Q. I am unable to do sex because of erection problem. Please help.

I am 32 years old. I got married recently but not able to do sex due to erection problem. I get erection but becomes loose with a few seconds before penetration. I never had sex before. I used to masturbate by rubbing my penis between my legs and ejaculate. Is this the cause of my problem? I have no morning erection. Please help.

Allergy Specialist Otolaryngology (E.N.T)
#

Please provide us some more details. When you masturbate do you ejaculate? During that process does your male organ get erect? Have you never had any morning erection? Have you had wet dreams at the night? Do you masturbate very frequently? Is there any subconscious tension or worry post-marriage whether you will be able to satisfy your partner? Is there any pain while having sex or penetration? Are you able to penetrate? Do you smoke or drink or take any medications for any purpose?

| 

Yes, I ejaculate after masturbation and I get erection during the process. I had morning erections 10 years back. I have wet dreams every week when I stop masturbation. I used to masturbate frequently by rubbing my penis for a long period of time for almost 10 years. I never had sex before, I tried but failed due to loss of erection. I do not have any pain. I do not smoke or drink nor taking any medicine now.

#

I understand your problem. It must be difficult for you to face it every time you try to have sex. Do not worry about it.

Firstly, if you used to have successful erections in the past and there was no impediment to ejaculation, then there is no reason why you are not able to have such an erection now. Masturbation and sexual intercourse are different. Sometimes the thoughts during masturbation may have been different and that is why you are unable to maintain the erection now.

What is your height and weight? Do you exercise? I would suggest you eat good proteinaceous food and some multivitamins. Exercise regularly. Lead a calm and healthy lifestyle. Talk to your wife and tell her how you feel. Do not worry if your partner will not be satisfied. Take her into confidence and give yourselves some time as a couple. Drink plenty of water.

When you both become adapted to the married life, the erections will be better. In India due to arranged marriage many couples face initial difficulties while having sex. Give it some time.

Get adequate sleep. You have medicines to keep erections for longer. But before you try those medicines give the above conservation management a try. If you need the names of the multivitamins revert back to me.

|