Q. I have poor erection and premature ejaculation. Kindly help with a solution.

Dr. Purushottam Sah

I am a married man and I have problems while doing sex. I am doing masturbation once a month. Could you please advise some medicine for resolving the problem? Please help me to sort out this problem.

#

Masturbation is normal. It does not cause physical problems or sexual problems. Also, do not give any importance to an advertisement that mentions that masturbation causes health problems or destroys life, and masturbation does not require any treatment.

However, you can explain in detail. Do you want medicine to stop masturbation or a problem in sex? What is your problem with sex quick discharge or poor erection?

I have both premature ejaculation and poor hardness. I need your advice to sort out this issue and medicine as well.

#

Quick discharge or premature ejaculation is very common and is usually not associated with any disease but may be anxiety. Sometimes there may be a problem with the prostate gland and thyroid hormone. Most often, it is a chronic problem, and you have to take medicines off and on.

You can learn to control quick discharge by doing this exercise, pull your muscles that you pull at the end of urination for a few seconds, then release repeat this several times daily. Another is a stop-start technique, when you feel that you are going to ejaculate, stop the sexual stimulation and divert your mind, the penis will relax, after sometime start the stimulation again and repeat the procedure. Over a few months, you will gradually increase your ejaculation time.

Erection problems can be due to lifestyle factors like taking alcohol, smoking, or being overweight. It may also be due to any major illness or due to some medicines. Often it can be due to stress, anxiety, or due to blood abnormalities for which you need to do blood tests Hb, TC (total count), DC (differential count), fasting sugar, Prolactin, TSH (thyroid-stimulating hormone), and testosterone. Daily walking of half an hour will help. If you are in some office job, then every half an hour, get up from your chair and walk around for five minutes. It will help circulation in the penis.

Prescription cannot be made here. But for premature ejaculation, Dapoxetine 30-60 mg and erectile dysfunction, Tadalafil 5-10 mg taken two hours before sex helps. There is no permanent cure.

I am a non-alcoholic guy. I am attaching my medical report for your reference. Can I take the medications mentioned above on a regular basis? Please advise.

#

You attached an ultrasound report (attachment removed to protect patient identity), which is normal but has no relation to sexual problems. For that, you need to do blood tests Hb, TC, DC, sugar PP (postprandial), TSH, prolactin, and testosterone. The medicines I mentioned can be taken regularly for two to three months if you are otherwise healthy.

Are there any side effects of these medicines? Are these medicines available in all countries? If it is not, could you suggest any supplementary one?

If taken these medicines regularly, my problems will solve.

#

I have written the generic names of the medicines. You can get it anywhere. Regarding side effects, I have not seen any apart from minor ones like drowsiness or backache, but they are mild and settle down in a few days. However, allergy may occur in some people, which can not be predicted beforehand. There is no permanent cure. You will be fine during and sometime after the medicines, and the response varies from person to person. I have given some information previously, which should also be followed along with medicines.

| 

I have a premature ejaculation problem. Is it due to my masturbation habit?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a premature ejaculation problem. When I am doing foreplay with my girlfriend, it automatically gets ejaculated after four to five minutes. Is it due to my masturbation habit?  Read Full »

What Is Premature Ejaculation?

Article Overview: A huge percentage of young men ejaculate within a few seconds or with minimal strokes during sexual intercourse. It is very stressful for both partners when this happens, and it can even lead to marital disharmony and discord. This is the most common male sexual problem. Fortunately, it can be overcome and even treated. Read Article

Dr. Poosha Darbha
Sexologist

Premature ejaculation (rapid climax within seconds) is common. It is natural in people with an overly sensitive penis, but it is distressing and disappointing for the couple. To overcome the problem naturally, one needs to understand how exactly it happens and learn how to stop it. It is somewhat li...  Read Article

I have an anxiety problem from the past 10 years. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, Anxiety is every day of my life. I rarely get small breaks without anxiety. It has been 10 years now. Panic attacks do come. I am taking Xanax 0.5 mg 1 to 3 days. I am a 26 years old male, and my height and weight are 5.9" and 80 kg respectively. Please help.  Read Full »

Vitamin D and COVID-19
Did you know COVID-19 patients with vitamin D deficiency are twice as likely to have severe complications, including dea...  Read more»
The New 'Super-Spreader' Strain of Coronavirus
A new variant of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is spreading fast in parts of the UK. Read how this new var...  Read more»
How to treat my mother's sigmoid colon ulcer?
Hi doctor, My mother, who is 45 years old, has ulcers in the sigmoid colon for the last 15 years. The problem got reduce...  Read more»

Ask a Sexologist Now