Q. I want to do intercourse but not getting erection. Please help.

Dr. Alka
Published on Oct 22, 2019 and last reviewed on: Oct 25, 2019

I want to do intercourse with my wife, but there is no erection even after so many efforts. Please suggest some medicines.

Dr. Alka

#

I read your query. Your problem may have many reasons. First of all, I saw your BMI. You have a higher BMI than normal. BMI should be between 18.9 - 24.5. So, first of all, try to decrease your weight. Sometimes overweight hinders sexual activity. Do regular exercises. Exercise will help to reduce your weight, and it will increase the blood supply of your body organs, and it will also improve the erection of your penis.

Another important thing is diet. At your age your body might need some more energy than a younger man. Add milk to your diet. Milk helps in improving semen quality. Add fresh fruits and fresh vegetables to your diet too.

Ayurvedic text favors mash dhal in improving sperm quality, so try to take this dhal twice or thrice a week. And whatever you take, take in a proportional value and eat healthy food. Sleep for six to eight hours daily. Sleep helps to overcome the wear and tear of your body. Quit smoking and drinking if you do because both these thing affects your sexual activity. Use Himcolin gel (Himalaya). Apply this gel in adequate quantity on the penis and pubic region with a gentle massage before sexual intercourse. Avoid using on glans penis. This gel will help you in the erection process. Take Makardhwaj Rasayan tablet one tablet twice a day with milk for two to three weeks only. Take Tentex royal capsule (Himalaya) two capsules once daily one hour before sexual intercourse for six to eight weeks. Take at least six weeks for satisfactory results.

Age or lack of proper diet or some drug abuse.

Semen examination.

After one month.

Are herbal medicines effective in curing erectile dysfunction?

Query: Hi doctor. I am 32 years old. My weight is 72 kg. I am not able to get full erection. I was on L-pride (Levosulpiride) and Nuanxit (Flupentixol) and I stopped it before a week. I do not have any problem like sugar or BP. Even if I get full erection, I ejaculate very early. What could be the problem...  Read Full »

I have erectile dysfunction and ejaculation problems. Kindly help.

Query: Hello doctor, My cum is not coming out by force or thrust. The cum is just flowing out of my penis. Three years earlier the cum was coming out by force or thrust. I am having erectile dysfunction may be since last two years or two and half years, and I was not having erectile disfunction earlier. I...  Read Full »

Why am I not having a proper erection?

Query: Hello doctor, How are you doing? I hope you are good. My age is 29, from the last 8 to 9 days, I did not have a proper erection. This did not happen with me earlier. I am a bit worried because of this issue, also I am sleeping at 4 O'clock in the morning and waking up at 9 O'clock in the morning. Pl...  Read Full »

Ask an Ayurveda Specialist Now