Q. Is it normal to have a progressive reduction in sexual desire with age?

and medically reviewed by Dr. Preetha J

I am a 53-year-old male weighing about 85 kg. I have a problem with sex that is sometimes with the ability to erect properly. I have an appetite for sex. As a result, I can pass an extended period. Last year I was told that I have type 2 diabetes. This now brings concerns to my partner. I will appreciate getting assistance.

#

Please provide me with more details. Have you taken any treatment?

It is common to have a progressive reduction in sexual desire with age. Type 2 diabetes is also associated with a decrease in libido. If your blood sugar levels are normal, then there is no need to get worried. For proper sugar control, levels of HbA1c (Glycated hemoglobin A1c) should be checked. HbA1c levels tell about prolonged control of sugar. Suppose the levels are normal, then no need to get worried. For poor erection and libido, drugs like Sildenafil or Tadalafil can be used. Tadalafil in a dose of 5-10 mg per day and 20 mg on an SOS basis helps improve the long-term libido and make a firm erection. Herbal medicines like Tentex Forte (Ashwagandha) help to strengthen the erection. The drug should be taken two tablets twice a day and helps make a strong erection and increase libido in the long run. The drug should be taken for at least 6-12 weeks.

I hope this helps you, and this will help to improve your libido.

Thanks.

|