Q. What steps should I take to solve my erection problem?

Dr. Pandey Saurabh Hridaynarayan
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 03, 2020 and last reviewed on: May 08, 2021

I am a 17-year-old male, and I have trouble getting and maintaining a full hard erection. This is going on for a little longer than a month. I am in perfect physical shape, so I feel it really weird that this is happening to me. I do not have any physical issues or performance anxiety that would potentially cause problems. I will usually get close to a full hard erection once during foreplay, and it will only last for maybe a minute. I am not fully soft for the rest of the time, but I am far from being hard enough for penetration. What steps should I take to solve this issue?

#

Welcome to icliniq.com

I read your query, and having erection trouble from time to time is not necessarily a cause for concern. However, if erectile dysfunction is an ongoing issue, it can cause stress, affect your self-confidence, and contribute to relationship problems. Problems getting or keeping an erection can also signify an underlying health condition that needs treatment and a risk factor for heart disease (but you are just 17, so this risk is negligible).

Male sexual arousal is a complex process that involves the brain, hormones, emotions, nerves, muscles, and blood vessels. Erectile dysfunction can result from a problem with any of these. Depending on the cause and severity of your erectile dysfunction and any underlying health conditions, you might have various treatment options.

Mainly behavior modification and pharmacological treatment are given, and both are really effective. Consult with a local doctor or let me know if you want to proceed with the treatment.

|