Q. What steps should I take to solve my erection problem?

Dr. Saurabh Pandey
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 03, 2020 and last reviewed on: Aug 27, 2020
Hello Doctor,
Ive been having trouble getting and maintaining a fully hard erection. Im 17 years old and am in very good physical shape so I feel like it’s weird that this is happening to me. Aside from not having physical issues, I dont have an performance anxiety of anything else that would potentially cause problems. I’ll usually get close to fully hard once during foreplay and it’ll only last for maybe a minute. For the rest of the time I’m not fully soft but I’m far from being hard enough for penetration. What steps should I take to solve this issue?

Dr. Saurabh Pandey

Family Physician General Practitioner
#

Hey. Welcome to Icliniq.

I read your query and having erection trouble from time to time isn't necessarily a cause for concern. If erectile dysfunction is an ongoing issue, however, it can cause stress, affect your self-confidence and contribute to relationship problems. Problems getting or keeping an erection can also be a sign of an underlying health condition that needs treatment and a risk factor for heart disease( but you are just 17 so this risk is negligible).

Male sexual arousal is a complex process that involves the brain, hormones, emotions, nerves, muscles and blood vessels. Erectile dysfunction can result from a problem with any of these. Depending on the cause and severity of your erectile dysfunction and any underlying health conditions, you might have various treatment options.

Mainly behaviour modification and pharmacological treatment are given and both are really effective. Do let me know if you want to proceed with the treatment.

Also provide your valuable feedback. Regards!

|