Q. Why am I having erection and penetration problems?

Answered by
Dr. Arul Amuthan
and medically reviewed by Dr. Divya Banu M
This is a premium question & answer published on Jan 07, 2020

Hello doctor,

I am married, 41 years old. I have 2 kids. For the last six months I am having erection problems. I cannot even penetrate. Due to this I fear of nights. I cannot face my partner. Kindly give a solution to my problem.



Welcome to icliniq.com.

I am not sure whether you have diabetes or hypertension or any other diseases. Whether you are taking drugs (allopathy or herbal) for any other diseases. If so, we need to look the side effects of those drugs. Diabetes patients gets diabetic neuropathy, thus there might be a chance for reduction in erection. There are many other possible reasons as follows:

1. After 40, if the male hormone is reduced.

2. More sathwik (pure vegetarian diets) reduce the sexual hormones.

3. Atherosclerosis to penile artery - this is due to cholesterol sedimentation to the artery which supplies blood to penis

4. Arterial thickening of penile artery

5. Psychological depression - related to work, career, economy, family, etc. This has very strong influence on the erection.

6. Any trauma (hitting) on the penis or back side of hip. this will affect the neurons. To rue out the cause and further treatment you need to consult a doctor in personally (directly). Any psychiatrist or Urologist or andrologist are the better choice to consult.

You may also try the following advice; Drink badham milk or eat 2 badham nuts every day (there is a risk of increasing cholesterol at this age), eat Cashew nuts one daily (here is a risk of increasing cholesterol at this age), do pranayama or mediation to keep the mind free. Go to picnic with family. The new environments can remove the psychological depression. Try to solve other psychological problems, if any. Rathina purush capsules. One capsule morning and one at evening before food. This can be continued for one month. Within one month, if you get some effect, then continue it for a total of 3 months and stop it. If there is no improvement within one month, then no need to continue this drug.

After evaluating the cause, then only we can take further drug therapy. To evaluate the cause, approach nearby clinicians (I mentioned earlier), They do Doppler or USG to find the cause. The above said physicians deal such cases daily. You need not worry about it.

Was this answer helpful?



This is a sponsored Ad. icliniq or icliniq doctors do not endorse the content in the Ad.

Also Read Answers From:

Comprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Related Questions & Answers

Are herbal medicines effective in curing erectile dysfunction?

Query: Hi doctor. I am 32 years old. My weight is 72 kg. I am not able to get full erection. I was on L-pride (Levosulpiride) and Nuanxit (Flupentixol) and I stopped it before a week. I do not have any problem like sugar or BP. Even if I get full erection, I ejaculate very early. What could be the problem...  Read Full »

Why am I not having a proper erection?

Query: Hello doctor, How are you doing? I hope you are good. My age is 29, from the last 8 to 9 days, I did not have a proper erection. This did not happen with me earlier. I am a bit worried because of this issue, also I am sleeping at 4 O'clock in the morning and waking up at 9 O'clock in the morning. Pl...  Read Full »

What is the reason for not ejaculating during sexual intercourse?

Query: Hello doctor,I am 70 but until recently have been very sexually active with my wife. I am in good health overall but have suffered from anxiety and depression my entire life. That usually has not interfered with my sex life. I have had a penile implant several years ago so getting an erection is not...  Read Full »

Also Read

Vitamin D and COVID-19
Did you know COVID-19 patients with vitamin D deficiency are twice as likely to have severe complications, including dea...  Read more»
The New 'Super-Spreader' Strain of Coronavirus
A new variant of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is spreading fast in parts of the UK. Read how this new var...  Read more»
How to treat my mother's sigmoid colon ulcer?
Hi doctor, My mother, who is 45 years old, has ulcers in the sigmoid colon for the last 15 years. The problem got reduce...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask a Siddha Medicine Specialist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website are not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.