Q. After being in the same posture, I heard a loud pop on stretching. Why?

Dr. Thomas Jefferson
This is a premium question & answer published on May 31, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 04, 2021

I was writing hunched over my notebook for about 1.5 hours. When I straightened up doing back stretches, it popped loudly. I felt a sudden headache immediately as well as a feeling of confusion and memory failure like losing my mind. Why?

#

• The pop sound which you heard may be due to crepitus, which many people feel after being in particular posture for a long time.
  • Your loss of orientation may be caused by temporarily reduced blood flow to the brain as in vertebrobasilar insufficiency.

For further information consult a physiotherapist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/physiotherapist

|