Q. I want to control watching porn videos and masturbation. Please help.

Dr. Pankaj Mittal
and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A
Published on Sep 25, 2019

I am addicted to watching porn, and I masturbate three times a day in the past 10 days. How to control me? And I got rashes on the backside of the body for the last three years.

Dr. Pankaj Mittal

Psychiatry Psychotherapy Sexology
#

I understand your query very well. I want to say that watching any video, whether it is sex video or non-sex video for a long period, will have a negative impact on your physique and. Negative impacts can be in the form of a decrease in your vision, mood and behavioral changes, difficulty in concentration, academic difficulties, etc. But I would like to mention a fact here that masturbation is a normal response to sex video or even without sex video, especially at your age.

Masturbation does not make you weak, and it has no negative impact on your sexual wellbeing. It will not affect your physique or fitness. At your age it is normal to have an attraction towards females and to overcome this attraction, all of us masturbate, it is a normal phenomenon, not a bad habit or disease like addiction and obsession and never affect your physical health. There is no relation between semen and blood. At your age, almost every male watch sex video and masturbate, so there is no harm in masturbating even daily.

Watching sex video is not harmful if you are viewing these videos in limits. The second thing you have asked about some rashes of your backside of the body so think you should consult to a good skin specialist for that as early as possible. So, eat healthily and stay healthy.

Can masturbation damage the tissues of the penis?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 26 years old bodybuilder, who weighs 220 lbs and 5.9 feet tall. I masturbate from the past 14 years, and recently I was doing it excessively, up to eight times a day. I never had sex before, and I am afraid of failing in my future relation due to this amount of masturbation. Sometim...  Read Full >>

Dr. Parth Singh
Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Masturbation is the most harmless of all sexual acts. No fear of STDs (sexually transmitted disease) or pregnancy. Having said that, I must emphasize that excess of everything is harmful. If you masturbate too often, you actually lose the true excitement and stimulat...  Read Full

Will Masturbation cause Premature Ejaculation

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 32 year old unmarried male. I am suffering from premature ejaculation. I am masturbation from 13 years od age using sex toys. I am not lasting more than two minutes. I am taking antidepressants and doing squeeze technique. But, it does not help me. Kindly suggest medicine for prema...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. First of all, I would like to tell you that masturbation is not the reason for the problem of premature ejaculation you are having. Masturbation is a safe habit, and most of the men masturbate. Diabetes increases the risk of premat...  Read Full

Does masturbation cause acne?

Query: Hi doctor, I am having serious acne problem for almost eight years. My age is 22. I observed that when I masturbate, they occur. I will not do masturbation daily or excess. I will masturbate only twice a month. Another thing is that even though I do not do, acne comes sometimes. My face becoming...  Read Full >>

Dr. Chaitra Prakash
Cosmetologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Acne is an infection of oil secreting glands of the skin. There is no relation to masturbation. Creams like Mometasone are steroids, and they can aggravate acne. Moreover, they also cause serious side effects like facial hair, redness and fungal infection later. ...  Read Full

Ask a Sexologist Now