Q. Can you advice me on medicines to get rid of post-COVID effects?

Dr. Amit Jauhari

I am a 35-year-old male, and I just got recovered from COVID-19. However, according to the chest CT scan, I have atypical pneumonia and a CT severity score of 4/25. At times, I feel chest heaviness, and sometimes there is a breathing problem, especially in the evening. There is also fever, sometimes around 99.5 degrees. Can you please advice me the medicines I should take to recover from post-COVID effects?

#

Your CT (computed tomography) scoring was 4/25, which is a good thing. The lower the score, the lesser the severity and spread of Pneumonia. I suggest you the following medicines:

1. Tablet Deriphyllin Retard 300 mg (Etofylline 231 mg and Theophylline 69 mg) twice daily.
  2. Capsule Vitamin B Complex once daily.
  3. Steam Inhalation (if you can tolerate it).
  4. Yoga (pranayama- breathing exercises) and slow walking to build up stamina.
  5. Eat nutritious food and drink plenty of fluids, juices and take adequate rest.
  6. Fever sometimes rises in post-COVID patients; if over 1000F, take Paracetamol 650 mg.
  7. A new chest CT scan should be done after 15 days (from the end of quarantine or COVID-19 negative report in RT-PCR Test) to ascertain that full recovery is achieved.

Contact me if you need further advice. Wishing Speedy Recovery.

|