Q. I feel pressure in my lung area and my blood pressure is also high after COVID. Kindly help.

Dr. Muhammad Zubayer Alam

I feel pressure in my lung area for the past ten days. My blood pressure is also high, and I could not concentrate on anything. I suffered from COVID four months ago, and I had a liver infection four years ago. My current medications are tablet Famocid 40 mg and tablet Histafree 180 mg twice daily.

Kindly help.

#

Thank you for the query.

I can understand your concern.

According to your statement, you have been suffering from a feeling of pressure near the lungs when you lay down. Such pressure near the lungs may result from various reasons such as inflammation of pleura, viral, bacterial, or fungal Infections, congestive heart failure, obesity, certain medications, autoimmune disorders, rib fractures, etc. And the treatment depends upon the causes.

I suggest you do some investigations like ECG (electrocardiogram), ECHO (echocardiogram), CT scan (computed tomography), MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) of Chest, and CBC (complete blood count) to detect the underlying causes for present sufferings and then treat them accordingly.

In the meantime, you can take Tramadol, Domperidone, syrup Gaviscon, and Lactulose in case of constipation along with your current medications.

Take care.

Thanks for the reply.

Kindly help me know which is the best test to detect the condition, doctor. I already did CBC and CRP tests.

Kindly help with this concern.

Thanks.

#

Thank you for joining again.

I have gone through your CBC and CRP (C-reactive protein) reports and found all parameters are within the limit (attachments removed to protect the patient’s identity). CBC with circulating eosinophil count may be needed to exclude allergy, but it is not mandatory. I think a CT scan or MRI of the chest, ECG, and ECHO may help to exclude the causes as you had a history of COVID-19 (Coronavirus Disease-2019) infection.

Take care.

|