Q. Is it normal to see a small tissue in the socket after extraction?

Dr. Sandeep Menon
Published on Sep 29, 2019 and last reviewed on: Oct 04, 2019

I got my wisdom teeth pulled before four days, the very next day I throw up due to antibiotics. An hour later, a piece of tissue was hanging on the upper right clotted socket, is this normal?

#

The situation which you described is entirely normal. The area surrounding the wisdom tooth gets usually inflamed, which is known as pericoronitis. After the removal of the area around the socket, which is the gingival (gum) tissue undergoes healing. The piece of tissue which you mentioned is the gum tissue undergoing healing. The socket will take about a month to close completely. Make sure you rinse every day with lukewarm saline water and mouthwash about four to five times daily, which helps in accelerating the healing process. I hope I have answered your query.

| 

Why is water coming out of nose while drinking after molar extraction?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a molar extraction and now water I drink comes out of my nose. I consulted an oral surgeon and he did a small surgery and gave stitches three times but no result. Is it very dangerous? Please advice further medication and treatment.  Read Full »

Why is there numbness in tongue and jaw after wisdom tooth extraction?

Query: Hello doctor, My lower right side impacted wisdom tooth has been extracted a week back. Till now my half tongue and jawline of the right side are numb or I am not feeling hot or cold at that side. I am so much worried. Is that normal or is it a concern of worrying? I am panicking for getting sense ...  Read Full »